Login

S*L Console?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

S*L Console?

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi guys,

Is there a good Nebula S*L library out there?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: S*L Console?

Postby botus99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 pm

Wow, pretty obvious you haven't even looked :lol:

The Snap (S*L 4k Compressor)
http://www.analoginthebox.com/product.php?id=9687

Lots of stuff here. 2 S*L Consoles (MLC and CLC), 2 S*L Eq's (MLeQ and CLeQ), 4k Dynamics, and there's some S*L in the Preamp Color Suite as well
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/en/ ... ograms.htm
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Yeah I got a bit lazy but I wanted to know which one was best lol Thanks for the suggestions :)
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 pm

botus99 wrote:Wow, pretty obvious you haven't even looked :lol:

The Snap (S*L 4k Compressor)
http://www.analoginthebox.com/product.php?id=9687

Lots of stuff here. 2 S*L Consoles (MLC and CLC), 2 S*L Eq's (MLeQ and CLeQ), 4k Dynamics, and there's some S*L in the Preamp Color Suite as well
http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/en/ ... ograms.htm

So what chain would you use to best emulate a S*L? Pre amp + Console + EQs + Compressor ?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby botus99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:08 pm

That's a little much. You only need one preamp in the real world. The MIC console inserts can be seen as the preamp built into the board, so it would likely go like this...

1. S*L Preamp (from the Preamp Color Suite) OR the S*L Mic Console Insert
2. EQ *(see note below)
3. Channel Compressor from 4KD
4. S*L Line Console (going out to other processing)

*Keep in mind you can only use one band per instance of Nebula. To do it correctly, you should make the first EQ instance with distortion and all others following with the clean versions.

*This can all be done in ONE plugin via the CLeQ plugin offered here (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19664&hilit=CLeQ) Just use the same method regarding the dist/clean versions.

Then you have the busses, auxes, and master fader. Simply put the buss inserts on the busses, send/return inserts on your auxes, and a master fader program on the master fader. :geek:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:23 pm

botus99 wrote:That's a little much. You only need one preamp in the real world. The MIC console inserts can be seen as the preamp built into the board, so it would likely go like this...

1. S*L Preamp (from the Preamp Color Suite) OR the S*L Mic Console Insert
2. EQ *(see note below)
3. Channel Compressor from 4KD
4. S*L Line Console (going out to other processing)

*Keep in mind you can only use one band per instance of Nebula. To do it correctly, you should make the first EQ instance with distortion and all others following with the clean versions.

*This can all be done in ONE plugin via the CLeQ plugin offered here (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19664&hilit=CLeQ) Just use the same method regarding the dist/clean versions.

Then you have the busses, auxes, and master fader. Simply put the buss inserts on the busses, send/return inserts on your auxes, and a master fader program on the master fader. :geek:

Thanks a lot for this quick tutorial. Hey I didn't buy the 4k because I heard that compressors prior to Rayphlex and TDC and Kult sucked. Is the 4k really good?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby botus99 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Couldn't tell you, I don't own it either. People saying the pre-rayphlex/TDC compressor SUCKED are being a little to liberal in their choice of wording.

The dynamic portion of the programs doesn't work as intended, but you still get the tone and a working SLOW compressor. I've used the old compressors on tons of mixes, even though they "suck", they offer tones unattainable through other methods and the slow dynamic reactions can actually work in your favor time to time.
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 pm

botus99 wrote:Yeah I got a bit lazy but I wanted to know which one was best lol

Botus99 already guided you.Just to add that, no matter what,you have to dig and do your own researches.You can't really approach the whole Nebula thing without willing to search.This forum is essential,take your time (even if like a lot of us you don't have time)read a lot and adjust...

Good luck.And again,there is no "best" in the Nebula world.It's more about what match what you're looking for.

What S*L emulation are you using now ?
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:49 pm

elam wrote:
botus99 wrote:Yeah I got a bit lazy but I wanted to know which one was best lol

Botus99 already guided you.Just to add that, no matter what,you have to dig and do your own researches.You can't really approach the whole Nebula thing without willing to search.This forum is essential,take your time (even if like a lot of us you don't have time)read a lot and adjust...

Good luck.And again,there is no "best" in the Nebula world.It's more about what match what you're looking for.

What S*L emulation are you using now ?

I dig and do my research. I want opinions from other users. I believe that's it should be one of the purposes of a Nebula forum. Sharing opinions.

I'm using the AlexB Console Logic now but I just bought it yesterday and didn't really have time to play with it.

Why are there no "best" nebula libraries? I would think that not every 3rd party developer puts in the same amount of work and use the same quality of wires, converters, etc...?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mpodrug » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm

jpchartrand wrote:
Why are there no "best" nebula libraries? I would think that not every 3rd party developer puts in the same amount of work and use the same quality of wires, converters, etc...?

Because it's true. I have libraries from almost every 3rd party devs now. And they are all almost equally good. Even the free programs are sometimes as good as the premium priced ones. That's why you gotta love nebula. Tooo much candies to pick up :mrgreen:
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries