Login

Reverbs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Reverbs

Postby botus99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:58 pm

jpchartrand wrote:My question is...Can a Nebula Reverb beat Valhalla VRoom?

Try one out, I'm sure you'll find the answer
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 pm

botus99 wrote:
jpchartrand wrote:My question is...Can a Nebula Reverb beat Valhalla VRoom?

Try one out, I'm sure you'll find the answer

Did try many...bought the VXNT libraries and up to now, nothing comes close to VROOM IMHO.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mpodrug » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:46 pm

It's the other way around for me.
Vroom has the advantage of total paramater control, and it's quite easy to dial in. However i'm never fully satisfied with it, there's something artificial in its sound. Still using it for tracking, but for mixing i always replace it with any nebula reverb. They always sounds right the moment i put them in, and very musical. No contest for me.
Can't wait for AITB's new reverbs...
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm

mpodrug wrote:It's the other way around for me.
Vroom has the advantage of total paramater control, and it's quite easy to dial in. However i'm never fully satisfied with it, there's something artificial in its sound. Still using it for tracking, but for mixing i always replace it with any nebula reverb. They always sounds right the moment i put them in, and very musical. No contest for me.

I'm surprised to read this...Can you specify which Neb reverb would be a good alternative to VRoom? I'll give the Neb reverbs another stab.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby ce1909 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:35 pm

I prefer 2-C's Aether or B2 to Vroom although for $50.00 it's got alot going for it.
VXNT's EMT is great too.
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:39 pm

ce1909 wrote:I prefer 2-C's Aether or B2 to Vroom although for $50.00 it's got alot going for it.
VXNT's EMT is great too.

Yeah VROOM is inexpensive + it's all made by a fellow gearslut ;)

I have VXNT's EMT and I do like it on vocals sometimes but I find there's really a vintage feel to it. Which can be good...don't get me wrong. Just not as versatile as VROOM.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mpodrug » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 pm

jpchartrand wrote:
mpodrug wrote:It's the other way around for me.

I'm surprised to read this...Can you specify which Neb reverb would be a good alternative to VRoom? I'll give the Neb reverbs another stab.

Hmm.. I already wrote two times about the reverbs i like.
Okay. Go to signaltonoize's (aka rythminmind) site and search for his reverbs, and listen to the demos, then pick some programs, they are 3$ per preset, you'll get better idea.

http://soundcloud.com/rhythm-in-mind/sets/reverb-480-nebula-programs/s-4gQqY
http://soundcloud.com/rhythm-in-mind/se ... mo/s-2gG3n
http://soundcloud.com/rhythm-in-mind/se ... mo/s-SvzLs
http://soundcloud.com/rhythm-in-mind/se ... mo/s-yNeRx
http://soundcloud.com/rhythm-in-mind/se ... mo/s-f4jFw
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:52 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I'm surprised to read this...Can you specify which Neb reverb would be a good alternative to VRoom? I'll give the Neb reverbs another stab.

To reiterate: http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... audio.html

Haven't tried the VXVT verbs or the VROOM plugin so I have no opinion on that as of yet.All I can say is I've tried TONS of plugins, and now, these go on every session I do. All algo/regular convo verbs sound FLAT to me now!
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby ce1909 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 pm

i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby davidperetz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Vrroom is a good reverb pkugin but nebula is better. First iwould suggest you buy the 480 plates from signaltonoize. And than compare thei livness and depth to the Vroom. Personaly i think the 480 set is fantastic if you want a more modern sound (modern comparing to VNXt 140 emt).
it saddens me to see that the bricasti is not closemto being out, i or fear i might have to buy the real unit now.
BTW as a self conffesed Reverb junkie i would suggest totry this plugins - R66 by sonic flavours is a gem, especially for unrealistic but beutyful modulated landscapes, like a the best bits in alesis and lEMT250 combined togather. Softube Tsar is one of the best modern sounding algorithmic reverbs, but since it wasnt pirated it's like a secret that not so many know about it. The enpty room system does very well with the emt 250 recreation, and SK note have afantastic spring reverb called necklece. I did mixes with the necklace and the resaults were fantastic. Enjoy going lost on space
davidperetz
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries