Login

A special request for CDSoundMaster Customers

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: A special request for CDSoundMaster Customers

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:16 am

Hi David!

Version 3 is actually a third item all its own.
It is still mostly a secret, but it took 3 months to make it through the final trouble shooting. We are finally finished with working the problems out and the sound engine is fantastic! But, that is all I can say for now:)

In the meantime, enjoy R2R with TB+, as anything new will only make you appreciate them even more!

Thank you for being so awesome and supportive... and patient!!!

david1103 wrote:i think the r2r tapes are the best thing ever, and remember reading that a 'version 3' of these was being worked on that added more distortion or some improvements? i am overloaded with new nebula programs, any improvements to the classics are something i vote for!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 am

The item that has received the most votes is definitely the most unique from any others.
AlexB's modern tube is an excellent new high end device with its own sound. The tube mixer/eq combo that is coming soon is a very early design- literally nothing but tubes, transformers, and the required wires for connection (plus some fancy knobs and a huge VU) :) !

Regardless of the consoles, eq's, and compressors coming, this one will always be unique from the others.

The next from there, is the solid state mega-transformer graphic, as far as unique sound goes.

The consoles in the poll are difficult to define without giving them away, but as mentioned before, I am putting all focus on very rare ones that deliver something unique. No two consoles will bring the same character to the mix.

reort wrote:Which of these options has a color that is unique within all of CDSoundmaster, Alessandro boschi and all other 3rd party products?
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:24 am

Hi RJ,

Thanks so much for your input and for your vote!
It was very helpful.

This device was a pleasant challenge, as it really has its own attitude, and that is one that covers a range from clean to aggressive. I had to make sure Nebula delivered, and it does!

RJHollins wrote:I had to throw my vote
for the ALL TUBE Console with EQ.

I already have the AITB 'tube' console, which has
a very nice, unique character ... and sounds
fantastic when I need that.

AlexB has mentioned a Tube mastering console which
I very much look forward to.

As for the 'other' equiptment choices from CDS, I saw
several candidates that I'd have my ears listening for :)

Thanks Michael for all your efforts and fine choices.
:)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:28 am

Hi Mauri,

I hear you and appreciate the input. The hardware comps are lined up and waiting. I still think some things need tweaking to feel comfortable with the range of attack/release and variance in program dependent behavior. I definitely hear you and agree. What is possible, can sound excellent. But, I don't believe the full range for subtle and extremely fast is there yet, and most comps on everyone's list require extreme variation to program behavior or extreme speed.

In the meantime, the items in the vote are already sampled and are being edited. Once I reach my personal goal for the eq hall of fame of ones that must make their way into the Nebula world, I will work tirelessly to make the comps and perhaps even limiters sound correct.

Mauri wrote:There does'nt seem to an option to vote for some 'high end' compressors/limiters so I'll vote for those here ;) .

Mauri.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:30 am

Hi Henry,

Your input is always valuable. I know you appreciate the process and it means a lot to hear that. God Bless You too!
Keep us updated on the Cricket games as well!

h-man wrote:Just voted last night Michael. good luck with all the sampling - I appreciate how much it takes. God bless. Henry
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 pm

For previous customers:

A new email has been sent from our website address.
If you have not received a new email today from this CDSoundMaster email, please PM or email us so we can get your discount to you.
We did have several undeliverables from recent customers, so you may need to change your block email settings.

Thanks!
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ngarjuna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:53 pm

david1103 wrote:i think the r2r tapes are the best thing ever, and remember reading that a 'version 3' of these was being worked on that added more distortion or some improvements? i am overloaded with new nebula programs, any improvements to the classics are something i vote for!

+1

More machines, more tapes would be awesome. I have a lot of CDSM's programs and they're all great but more tapes are what I wish for as I'm drifting off into sleep. So very excited for the top secret version 3.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries