Login

A special request for CDSoundMaster Customers

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

A special request for CDSoundMaster Customers

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:25 am

Hi there,

I've created a small survey for CDS customers.
This is my first time creating a poll on my forum page, so please take a few moments to fill it out if you are willing.

http://clubvst.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~63.asp

Thank You!
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: A special request for CDSoundMaster Customers

Postby greekpeet » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:22 pm

4. A very early, vintage ALL tube mixer and ALL tube eq combo.

Any more info on this one Michael???

What styles of music would it be good for, knowing there are other all tube mixers out there. I'd hate to ask, but how would these compare with what else is out there???

7. A lesser known eq, well known era and brand, secret weapon solid state transformer graphic eq transformed into a flexible Nebula device- known for famous producers using it as their secret vocal eq.

Would this be good on things other than vocals, but I would LOVE a good vocal EQ for some future work.

How about all of them?? ;)
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Definity » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Done and Dusted glad i could help Michael!
Definity

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 am

Yes, thank you for helping!
Definity wrote:Done and Dusted glad i could help Michael!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Peter,
Yes I can give some info. I have bumped its priority to #1 and spent about 8 hours straight on editing with more to go.

It is very different from anything else out there that I know of. I know there is a modern tube mixer for Neb, which is actually just tube at the summing stage and not on the channels.

The other tube devices mainly center around the passive program eq aka M****y and Pultec, which is great.

This is the completely 100% all-tube signal path + transformers. So, when you are thinking of absolute 3-d vintage fat tube sound this is it.

It is the late 50's/early 60's format using ECC83/6x4/EF86/6cG7/6BF6 combination of tubes with transformers on the way in and out. It was a blast watching the giant VU jolting back and forth in perfect harmony with the test tones!

The #7 eq item is very different from any other eq's as well.
I am choosing these very carefully specifically for tone. This is the perfect solid state compliment to the tube item mentioned above. It uses a famous input transformer that gives a very driven sound, and each band of the eq just sounds huge. In the same way that Focal Point is elegant and remarkably silky but dimensional on everything, this one is oversized on everything in a good way. Yes, this one is going to be awesome on keys and guitars, but truly anything where a little extra ooomph is desired.

Same with the eq section of the tube mixer combo- the eq is super big sounding. It sits in there with Grommes and the big fat 50's/60's items that just make guitar shred when doing the scooped tube thing!

greekpeet wrote:4. A very early, vintage ALL tube mixer and ALL tube eq combo.

Any more info on this one Michael???

What styles of music would it be good for, knowing there are other all tube mixers out there. I'd hate to ask, but how would these compare with what else is out there???

7. A lesser known eq, well known era and brand, secret weapon solid state transformer graphic eq transformed into a flexible Nebula device- known for famous producers using it as their secret vocal eq.

Would this be good on things other than vocals, but I would LOVE a good vocal EQ for some future work.

How about all of them?? ;)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby reort » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:57 am

Which of these options has a color that is unique within all of CD soundmaster, Alessandro boschi and all other 3rd party products?
reort
User Level I
User Level I

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am

I had to throw my vote
for the ALL TUBE Console with EQ.

I already have the AITB 'tube' console, which has
a very nice, unique character ... and sounds
fantastic when I need that.

AlexB has mentioned a Tube mastering console which
I very much look forward to.

As for the 'other' equiptment choices from CDS, I saw
several candidates that I'd have my ears listening for :)

Thanks Michael for all your efforts and fine choices.
:)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:25 am

Just voted last night Michael. good luck with all the sampling - I appreciate how much it takes. God bless. Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 am

There does'nt seem to an option to vote for some 'high end' compressors/limiters so I'll vote for those here ;) .

Mauri.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby david1103 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:53 pm

i think the r2r tapes are the best thing ever, and remember reading that a 'version 3' of these was being worked on that added more distortion or some improvements? i am overloaded with new nebula programs, any improvements to the classics are something i vote for!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries