Login

YR Free Presets- Latest: "JFET" (44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: YR Free Presets (Latest: Y Splitter )

Postby Definity » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:52 am

Hey thanks YR you have made some great presets i really love the MBS saturator just levels out my mixes when i whack it on the master! and also i have been using this latest splitter preset alot, love using it on synths!
Thanks!
Definity

Postby lipa » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:56 am

Thanks again for such variety of great presets!! I wanna ask about detail enhancer.. does it really do anything more than just eq? I guess it does.. ;) I like it..really brings some things forward.. but often I feel it hypes top end too much..(>12khz). Do You think it is safe to use it 50% dry? (reaper has a dry/wet knob for every vst) or it would mess up the phase or something..?
lipa

Postby richie43 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:24 am

I have never had good results using the wet/dry control in Reaper with Nebula. Let me know if this preset is any different.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 am

it won't be any different. nebula always introduces a delay, so you can't use the host wet/dry mix.

what you can do, is click 'edit' in nebula, then go to the 'glob' page. then i think there's a parameter in there called 'drysource', click that and drag up so that it says 'on'. then i think there's another one called 'dryamount' or something like that. set that to whatever % you want...

this way the dry signal will have the same delay. BUT, you might still get phase errors, depending on the program you try this with. if the hardware or whatever sampled introduced a phase shift anywhere in the frequency spectrum, the dry signal won't match up perfectly.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Thanks for suggestions.. I never use that with nebula.. true.. I`ll try that glob/mast page trick..
lipa

Postby JarettHolmes » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:35 pm

If that doesn't work easily for you, you could always just use parallel processing as you would for your drum buss. Send your signal to an AUX track with Nebula on it and then push up that fader until you like the blend.
JarettHolmes
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:04 pm

JarettHolmes wrote:If that doesn't work easily for you, you could always just use parallel processing as you would for your drum buss. Send your signal to an AUX track with Nebula on it and then push up that fader until you like the blend.

Bingo!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:24 pm

lipa wrote:Thanks again for such variety of great presets!! I wanna ask about detail enhancer.. does it really do anything more than just eq? I guess it does.. ;) I like it..really brings some things forward.. but often I feel it hypes top end too much..(>12khz). Do You think it is safe to use it 50% dry? (reaper has a dry/wet knob for every vst) or it would mess up the phase or something..?

I never really tested the wet/dry Reaper option with Nebula, but parallel processing is a very good solution. The idea behind the detail enhancer is that the softer the signal is, the more high-end is added.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cpwade » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm

+1 for parallel. And huge thank you to everyone for the great Neb Env and timing tweaks.
cpwade

Re: YR Free Presets (Latest: Y Hybrid I )

Postby yr » Tue May 15, 2012 11:55 am

Added "Y Hybrid I"- a stereo preset with a warm/relaxed character. Created it by using software processing first (@192kHz) and then running the test-tone via the ULN-2 DI. I set both clean and even kernels to timed 50ms, so this preset is very cpu intensive.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hvqkci8kb1chj

Hybrid I plot.png
Hybrid I plot.png (38.3 KiB) Viewed 1163 times

Hybrid I THD.png
Hybrid I THD.png (45.81 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
Last edited by yr on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries