Login

YR Free Presets- Latest: "JFET" (44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: YR Free Presets- Latest: "Y Hike" (44.1kHz&96kHz)

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm

dagovitsj wrote:@ richie43:
He, he, I assumed that ca 1 GB of your Dropbox was precious space, and was surprised that you would share it...!

Three things:
- I used some time to download and categorize all the YR-libs some months ago (December), so it would be easy for everyone to quickly get an overview of the different stuff. (Your zip-file seems to be the same zip-file I uploaded?). And my thought by doing that, i.e. not split it into several categories, was that I think most musicians have access to fast internet today. Time is precious ;)

- If you host the zip-file, and keep all the categories in one file - perhaps it would be wise to give it a date (like 'lastupdate-march14-2013'), so it's easy to keep track of changes if YR uploads new libs?

- just thinking: have you checked that your internet provider don't charge you extra if the used bandwith raises considerably, if you get lots of visitors (and there will probably be a lot who will download this zip-file with free high quality Nebula libs...!)?

Cheers

Yes, it is possible that I may get charged if bandwidth goes through the roof. But honestly, my website is just starting to get some traffic, and I think we are ok for now. Thanks for reminding me. As for the dating the upload; I can do that. But if YR updates things, he will most likely have his own host for that. Besides, I don't have the time to really dedicate to organizing this, I am just making it available for as long as I can. And I actually have 6GB's free space on Dropbox :shock: and STILL need the space freed up. I did some beta testing for them and was "paid" in storage space. Great deal as far as I am concerned. But I use Dropbox for some business related needs and am currently working with some very large projects. Thanks again for the tips and suggestions!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: YR Free Presets- Latest: "NAGIII" (48kHz&96kHz)

Postby yr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Following a request (made long time ago), I've re-sampled the Nagra III preamp @ 48kHz & 96kHz using the MH ULN-2.

Please note that the 1st kernel is set to "timed" and is relatively long with the 48k version (68ms). I did that because shorter kernel lengths were causing ripple in the low frequencies.

If you use Nebula's "stock" settings (you didn't change the max timed length in the XML document), you should probably switch the first kernel to "FREQD" in order to have the most accurate frequency response of the presets.

Here are some images made with the vst plugin analyser:
NAGIII 48k spectrum.png
NAGIII 48k spectrum.png (30.24 KiB) Viewed 937 times

NAGIII 48k THD.png
NAGIII 48k THD.png (75.56 KiB) Viewed 937 times
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Just to let you know that I do not have your presets uploaded presently..... I needed the space and removed them a while ago, and saw the link in the first post. Thanks for another good one!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 pm

richie43 wrote:Just to let you know that I do not have your presets uploaded presently..... I needed the space and removed them a while ago, and saw the link in the first post. Thanks for another good one!

Thanks, I removed the broken link.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby david1103 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:40 pm

yr wrote:Following a request (made long time ago), I've re-sampled the Nagra III preamp @ 48kHz & 96kHz using the MH ULN-2.

Please note that the 1st kernel is set to "timed" and is relatively long with the 48k version (68ms). I did that because shorter kernel lengths were causing ripple in the low frequencies.

If you use Nebula's "stock" settings (you didn't change the max timed length in the XML document), you should probably switch the first kernel to "FREQD" in order to have the most accurate frequency response of the presets.

Here are some images made with the vst plugin analyser:
NAGIII 48k spectrum.png

NAGIII 48k THD.png

THANKS!
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby cpwade » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:54 am

Thank you YR!
cpwade

YR Free Presets- Latest: "JFET" (44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz)

Postby yr » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks Paul, David.

Just added "Y JFET": a stereo preset I created from a JFET preamp. Sampled @44.1k, 48k & 96kHz, I was able to really drive the preamp using a pad on the output. I'm very pleased with the results- the preset adds a touch of depth and realism and works great as a front-end to a clean compressor. The left and right channel are carefully matched and the JFET used in the preamp is the Fairchild J201.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kpwamxgz7tgt4g7
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: YR Free Presets- Latest: "JFET" (44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz)

Postby david1103 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 pm

yr wrote:Thanks Paul, David.

Just added "Y JFET": a stereo preset I created from a JFET preamp. Sampled @44.1k, 48k & 96kHz, I was able to really drive the preamp using a pad on the output. I'm very pleased with the results- the preset adds a touch of depth and realism and works great as a front-end to a clean compressor. The left and right channel are carefully matched and the JFET used in the preamp is the Fairchild J201.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kpwamxgz7tgt4g7

not showing up in 3.505 i regret.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:57 pm

damn, I forgot about the latest problems... I hope the plugin gets updated soon, so that everything works for everyone.
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 pm

I had enormous problems with the 600 release, but the 602 GUI3 works awesome for me. If anyone is using an "older" computer (like not an "i" or similar...lol), then try the GUI3 versions. And YR, these are really nice. Thanks again!
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries