Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB - Opto Tube Dynamics

Postby AlexB » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Hello !

Opto Tube Dynamics released !

SAMPLED AT 96kHz AND 44.1kHz !!! :)

Opto Tube Dynamics

The Blue Sound

All tube based Opto compressors. The units feature a gain-reduction element, positioned immediately after the input transformer. It is controlled by the sidechain amplifier, which also contain the two time control circuits. The gain-reduction element is followed by a tube-based push-pull amplifier. The number of hit records featuring these compressors is countless and the number of stars demanding them for their recording and mixing is extreme! Use them for keys, guitars, vocals, mixbus, mastering, the result is always musical and transparent.
Some differences exist between the two units, the C2A dual compressor has a little more "round" character to the compression and a little different frequency response compared to C1B mono compressor.
These compressors deliver the most musical "blue sound" by tubes and smooth, clean musical compression by opto cell, just what's needed to make the track glue to your mix without mudiness or distortion.

The units has been refurbished with BC audio capacitors and NOS Telefunken / Siemens tubes.

. 10 differents programs at 5K
. C1B ratio 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1
. C2A ratio 1,5:1, 3:1, 5:1, 7:1, 10:1
. Internal HPF SideChain
. External SideChain function
. Special skin
. Over 100MB library programs
. Available as single library or as discounted bundle

Programs characteristics and details in the :OTD User Manual

PLEASE NOTE:
These are "smooth compressors", if you need very fast attack and heavy compression you may look at other hardware and/or programs.
The presets are programmed to be closer at the SOUND of the hardware with the best compromise. However Nebula is not able to exactly mime the behavior of the opto cell.
You can trick the parameters but you will go away from the original sound.

>>> Free Demo available.

PLEASE update your Nebula plugin at the very last release !

For new customers special "Welcome" price for the OTD library bundle.

Silver customers get 25% discount for the single library and for the OTD library bundle; see on the webpage and place an order with webmail form if you want to take advantage from this offer (and please, be patient: the order will be processed manually in less than 24h. I don't live in front of the computer...) :mrgreen:

Customers will receive an informative email also.

Thank you, all the best ! ;)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Re: AlexB - Opto Tube Dynamics

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, well, well Alex. You promised this baby a while back and here it is. Fantastic news! :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby jesse.nemitz » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks so much for making this. Lucky me I'm right about to mix a brand new song. Just in time to have some serious la2a/CL1B action on the song. THANKS; can't wait to use them.
jesse.nemitz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby cactuseskimo » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Will these actually compress in useable ways like Cupwise's release? All other nebula compressors seem a lot less exciting now . . .
cactuseskimo
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby daveedwards » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 pm

I only had a chance to test the demo for a minute but this is a rather impressive compressor. It does seem to handle transients well and does not seem to suffer from the bizarre behavior of a lot of other nebula comps (I may be wrong about this though, only had 30 min or so to test today). I tried it on drum loops (electronic and rather aggressive) and it held up very well.

The thing about this compressor that's quite different from the 4k library, is that this is a smooth, rather reserved compressor from what I can tell. It is not meant to smack like an S*L or 1176. Thats why I think it handles transients better, is that with this you're using it for smoother, more transparent gain reduction rather than dialing in tons of punch.

The biggest thing I noticed with this is the coloring it applies to the signal frequency wise. There is definitely a vintage analog sound to this that is not audible in Softube's CL1b model. If you like your mixes bright and modern as I do and compress with this, you'll likely need to add some highs back in, although for the character that may well be worth it.

Alex are there any plans to update your 4k series or 1176 series with some of the things that have been discussed on this forum recently regarding compressors? I quite like the color of the 4k PRO series I bought but it just isn't a reliable compressor and has problems with transients at times. That color and punch, if it were to be updated with some of the tweaks cupwise has come up with, would really be something.
daveedwards
User Level II
User Level II

Postby indelible » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Can this be used on the stereo buss?
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby AlexB » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 pm

1 - you can't go off road or in the desert with a Lamborghini Mucielago... i.e. T******h is not 1176...

2 - I will do an upgrade at released compressors and there will be an improvement BUT changing the settings with these tweaks it will change the SOUND of the compressor making it far to the hardware, and it is not my goal.

Can this be used on the stereo buss?

Why don't read the manual and the web page ? 8-)
(T******h says yes!)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sneaky » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 am

wow the order process is much snappier :D
sneaky

Postby maniak » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:06 am

Hi Alex,
One question. The unit was sampled on Manual mode? or Fixed Manual mode?
maniak
User Level X
User Level X

Postby cps418 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm

2 - I will do an upgrade at released compressors and there will be an improvement BUT changing the settings with these tweaks it will change the SOUND of the compressor making it far to the hardware, and it is not my goal.

but if it's not to much work maybe the change from the original may not be a bad thing, if it still retains a true analogish sound and gives us the true compressor functionality that we need. S*L compressors sound nice, but Alex B compressors might evan rival it (With nebula tools) a new span of hardware /software compsressors could rise up... Right now we are all chasing name brands.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries