Login

OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff insid

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:27 pm

david1103 wrote:
To be honest, I can't stand amp sims anymore for the most part, but if pressed I'd go with the Poulin/LePou (whichever is the actual name) and TSE X50 (http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/foru ... ?f=14&t=86)

tried TSE X50... fake sound :( As i remember, no VST can do realistic guitar distortion. Digital distortion just plain sucks (apart from the tiny little bit Nebula can do)

i got much better results plugging guitar and bass into an old distortion pedal and then into my sound cards DI :D Fuzz bass into your cab sim was amazing.

I've been thinking about buying a distortion pedal and running it in my DI. Any recommendation on the pedals that sound best through DI ?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Unfortunately, in my experience none. A pedal wants to overdrive a real amp. In the amp-sim world I actually get better sound from a matching vst simulated pedal. Funny, huh?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 am

msp13everlasting wrote:I saw on your website that you have a kickstarter going. Is this only Wav or will we get the Neb versions if we participate in the kickstarter?

Sorry for the delay, been getting my butt kicked trying to keep up on the Fractal board and email...

The NEB versions are up, initial delay was time taken to upload the zip file (365 MB, IIRC) plus distractions.

Thanks for the interest in participating! :)
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mpodrug » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:05 am

Does it mean every nebula library is already updated with the new programs?
I'll definitely get some.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ownhammer » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:54 am

mpodrug wrote:Does it mean every nebula library is already updated with the new programs?
I'll definitely get some.

Good Lord, no, haha. I wish, though!!! :lol:

It's going to take me years to re-sample what I have already put out, in addition to new combos I've yet to sample. The kickstarter is to push the verbosity of what I'm about to do further than what I was going to do as a direct result of the explosion of incredibly positive feedback and support I got from the beta from the Fractal community. As such, I haven't started sampling the full libraries just yet (will probably start end of next week), and when I do it's probably going to take about 1 month for every new or re-released library.

If you've tried the publicly available beta files, the kickstarter bundle tier 3 has more files like that in there as an incentive to go big. All the details can be found:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... &cPath=107

When I re-release, prices are going to double, as the new way of doing this is 5-10 times the amount of work and literally 25 times the amount of sample points. Therefor the kickstarter bundles are at a 50% discount to the future price of the libraries.

The underlying point of the kickstarter is that I would like to be able to offer people more features/options (mics, preamp/EQ choices, etc), but I am a solo-operated/funded small business working out of my home and I have put myself in more debt buying gear over the last couple of years than I ever want to think about or admit to, and there is no deeper I can dig in my pockets to pull the funds for more gear - the bottom of the barrel has been scraped dry for quite some time now. So this is a "help me help you" kind of thing, and it's only temporary. Once I raise the funds, the kickstarter store items will be removed. I was going to do the whole thing on kickstarter.com, but I didn't like the way it worked at all, the concept was cool, but it wasn't a functional solution for me or my user base.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby mpodrug » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:09 am

Oh. LOL. Now i get it.
I'll look forward to help you help me then. :)
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Formbank » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

If anyones interested here's a 'noodle' using the new Beta:

http://youtu.be/NF7uehiatOo

I use Ownhammer cab libraries on all the videos on my channel, I think this new one is the best yest.
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries