Login

OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff inside)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Postby ownhammer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 am

Hello Everyone,

I have been very hard at work on multiple and varied projects over the last six months. One of these projects has been working on ways to improve and expand the Speaker Cabinets libraries to provide the best sounding product to the widest array of possible tastes and applications. I feel I have succeeded, and would like to see what you think as well.

Some of you may already be familiar with what I do, and others may not. To the uninitiated, what is included here is a small sampling from my 'middle of the road' (in terms of verbosity) package offering, and in this particular case of a Bogner 4x12 cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30's. Axe-Fx, Axe-Fx II, convolution reverb wave audio, and commercial Nebula file formats are provided here, and I encourage you all to compare as many of the different platforms as you can. For those working in the DAW, the Nebula implementation here simply cannot be beaten in terms of sound quality, realism, and ease of use with the programmable interface of multiple tone options.

This is a limited time offering, and will expire when all final decisions are made as the full library is released in the near future. If you like what you hear, please consider picking up the commercial version when it is released.

The public beta package can be downloaded from the following address:

http://www.ownhammer.com/free/OwnHammer-Public-Beta.zip

Please feel free to re-post the link wherever you'd like, the more exposure the better, but the files follow the same usage restrictions as the commercial libraries so re-hosting is expressly forbidden. Once the beta period expires and the offering is absorbed into the commercial library, the link and files will cease to exist.

I look forward to lurking through the threads on the various forums where this ends up and hearing any sound clips you may have to post; it helps get an idea for the kinds of musical styles, equipment, and tones most folks are after these days, and is also nice to see the results of all the hard work on display.

Enjoy, and look for more exciting developments to be unveiled in the coming months!

All the best,
Kevin
OwnHammer.com
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Re: OwnHammer Speaker Cabinets Public Beta (free stuff insid

Postby msp13everlasting » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am

How is this different from the Bogner speaker library you released a few months back(which I own)?
msp13everlasting
User Level I
User Level I

Postby david1103 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:08 pm

been trying out the free beta, sounds great! thanks :D

do you have a recommended free vst ampsim to go with these speaker cabs? there are SO many different free ones i don't have time to test them all.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby msp13everlasting » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:32 pm

I've been playing with it for the past hour or so and comparing the 2. WOW :o Whatever you're doing please do it to all of your previous releases. Sounds great.
msp13everlasting
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ownhammer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:47 pm

msp13everlasting wrote:How is this different from the Bogner speaker library you released a few months back(which I own)?

I'm not sure if you have the MMS, NEB, or PRO iteration, but this is the evolution of the NEB and WAV series of speaker cabs. By the few months reference I think you're referring to NEB, so you could expect more of this when the update comes, which will be free for previous customers.

david1103 wrote:been trying out the free beta, sounds great! thanks :D

do you have a recommended free vst ampsim to go with these speaker cabs? there are SO many different free ones i don't have time to test them all.

Glad you're digging it!

To be honest, I can't stand amp sims anymore for the most part, but if pressed I'd go with the Poulin/LePou (whichever is the actual name) and TSE X50 (http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/foru ... ?f=14&t=86) for heavy stuff and Amplitube Fender for the clean stuff. I'm not on the cutting edge of that department though, despite my current website audio demos (which the base tracks were created over two years ago at the 11th hour) using the above I currently run an Egnater M4 with mostly Jaded Faith modules (jadedfaithmods.com) straight in. Prior to this newest development I ran the M4 to a poweramp, then the poweramp to a Suhr Iso Line Out with a real cab as load and the line level going to the di of a pre and onward, however now I'm getting some results I quite like running the M4 straight to the DI. In most situations I'd whole heartedly recommend looking into the Axe-Fx II.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ownhammer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm

msp13everlasting wrote:I've been playing with it for the past hour or so and comparing the 2. WOW :o Whatever you're doing please do it to all of your previous releases. Sounds great.

That's the plan, though a very lengthy one. :)
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby david1103 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 pm

To be honest, I can't stand amp sims anymore for the most part, but if pressed I'd go with the Poulin/LePou (whichever is the actual name) and TSE X50 (http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/foru ... ?f=14&t=86)

tried TSE X50... fake sound :( As i remember, no VST can do realistic guitar distortion. Digital distortion just plain sucks (apart from the tiny little bit Nebula can do)

i got much better results plugging guitar and bass into an old distortion pedal and then into my sound cards DI :D Fuzz bass into your cab sim was amazing.
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Stolle » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:34 am

This sounds great!
Stolle
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby mpodrug » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks so much for sharing the beta, Ownhammer!
I already have the Bogner Pro version. And absolutely love it. It's one of my essential nebula libraries.
The first time i heard the demos on your website, i was wondering, why in the world all people don't use your stuff yet.

I downloaded the beta, and compared it to the pro library i have. I am not really a guitarist, so i may not am the best person to ask about guitar stuffs. But i can hear some improvement. It does sound more realistic.
Could you tell us more about what improvements you've done?
However i'm wondering will you also update the PRO library?
In some cases, i need the extended control of the X and Z axis to get a certain sound.

And are you planning to make more CABs for the PRO library? I'll definitely buy more.

Speaking about vst amps, what do you think about Scuffham's S-Gear 2? It's not the best choice (yet) for ultra heavy stuffs, but for everything else, i haven't heard anything better.
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby odla » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Played a bit with it last night, sounds great!
About S-gear; in my book its the best ampsim out there, IMHO nothing comes close (and i've tried almost everything out there). Even for heavy stuff, to be honest I dont understand why people say its not suitable for really heavy stuff, in my opinion it does that also with ease.

All the best,
Aldo Adema
odla
User Level I
User Level I

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries