Login

Gemini Audio Releases KultComp!!! - Compressor library

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gemini Audio Releases KultComp!!! - Compressor library

Postby Gemini Audio » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am

Yes, i forgot to mention that. The "NM" programs should be used with Nebula Compressor (the xml configuration from the manual). I've designed those versions, so you can choose from different degrees of CPU consumption and quality based on your computer resources. If your PC can't handle the "NC" versions but you want to use them anyway, here is a tip: If you render your projects offline at the end, you could have the maximum TIMED length in the MAST page or in the xml set to 2ms for mixing and 30ms for offline rendering. You could then hear the fast compression behavior accurately while mixing and have the best quality in the mix down. Please refer to the manual for more details.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby garyk_123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:21 am

Kult is tremendous and I'm loving it - even had to remix an entire track once I had it - but I think I may be experiencing a weird bug in the tube program. I don't think I saw anything in this thread about it, but I've found that the 40% saturation is way too quiet - is it just me?
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 am

What sample rate are you using? Are you using a program which matches your DAW's sample rate?
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby garyk_123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'll have to check tonight, but I can tell you that I work at 44.1 only. I do remember that the other rates I tried were fine, but I can't remember how methodical in choosing sample rates I was.
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby garyk_123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I've now checked a range of settings. I had kult tube after kult comp on the master buss followed by a Nebula tape. The 30% and 50% settings, at regular and HQ, and at 'ext_44.1' and 'ext' (presumably 96?) are fine.
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby garyk_123 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Can anyone else confirm if they've had this same problem?
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 am

If you've encountered low level with an "ext" program, this is normal. Those programs are to be used in a special way as described in the manual, in order to achieve more than 30% tube harmonics. However, thanks to a new discovery, i managed to get the 100% harmonics into a single program, so you can use that for distortion above 30% and use the the GDRV parameter to decrease/increase harmonic distortion.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby garyk_123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Apologies for failure to RTM, but the 50% was at full volume so I suspected an issue with the 40%. Anyway great news about the new method - no need to copy and blend I suppose?

When will the new program be made available? And, btw will it allow continuous adjustment from 30 to 100%?
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 pm

The 100% bonus is already available in your user account. Otherwise you've gotten an e-mail. If you can't find it, please write to sales@gemini-audio.net The continuous feature didn't work that well for the KultComp Tube, but with reduced GDRV you get pretty much the same.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby garyk_123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks for clearing everything up. Much appreciated. Now to go and juice up some drums!
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries