Login

Gemini Audio Releases KultComp!!! - Compressor library

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Gemini Audio Releases KultComp!!! - Compressor library

Postby Gemini Audio » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Try wrapping the VSTs with a VST to AU wrapper. For example the one from FXpansion, or the free one.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:01 pm

The KultComp has been updated. The new "NM" (Nebula Compressor Medium) programs have been added, which have a compression behavior almost as fast as the "NC" versions but save a lot of CPU!
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby delchambre » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi Gabriel,
So where can I download this upgrade (I suppose my "downloads" links on the site are the old version) ?

Thank's,
fred
delchambre
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Gemini Audio » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:50 pm

If you can see the "KultComp Update V6" at your download area, download that. Otherwise, download "KultComp Update V5" which includes V6 now.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby lipa » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 am

Gemini Audio will You grace us with more compressor libraries perhaps? How about that api2500 or something C******r or N**e 33609??

Ok, one more question, I made myself a nebula compressor as I should.. and now, should I use with it regular presets? or only the nebula compressor ones?

Also, with regular nebula reverb instance, can I use nebula compressor presets?

Sorry if missed that earlier in this thread..
Anyway, great stuff, please keep`em coming! (especially compressors) ;)
lipa

Postby Gemini Audio » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I will release further compressors in the future for sure. You should use Nebula Compressor only for dedicated programs and use those programs only with Nebula Compressor, not with nebula Reverb.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 pm

Gemini Audio wrote:I will release further compressors in the future for sure. You should use Nebula Compressor only for dedicated programs and use those programs only with Nebula Compressor, not with nebula Reverb.

oohhhh ... did I boo boo this.

Does this v6 upgrade go into the newly created NebulaCompressor [NC] PROGRAM folder ????
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 am

RJHollins wrote:
Gemini Audio wrote:I will release further compressors in the future for sure. You should use Nebula Compressor only for dedicated programs and use those programs only with Nebula Compressor, not with nebula Reverb.

oohhhh ... did I boo boo this.

Does this v6 upgrade go into the newly created NebulaCompressor [NC] PROGRAM folder ????

You know you can have all of your libraries in one set of program and vector folders and still have specific instances using the Nebula Setup app.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Gemini Audio » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 pm

The new "NM" programs are in the new "NM" subcategory. I recommend using Nebula Setups http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=43 in order to create different copies of Nebula which load only specific programs. Nebula Compressor for example could load only "NC" "NM" and "NL" programs. This will speed up the loading time of a Nebula instance considerably. You could also create instances which load only EQs and so on.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 am

Gemini Audio wrote:The new "NM" programs are in the new "NM" subcategory. I recommend using Nebula Setups http://zabukowski.com/software/?page_id=43 in order to create different copies of Nebula which load only specific programs. Nebula Compressor for example could load only "NC" "NM" and "NL" programs. This will speed up the loading time of a Nebula instance considerably. You could also create instances which load only EQs and so on.

Hi GA !

Yes ... I've already employed ZAB's NebulaSetups program on a large variety of Nebula specifics. With such a large collection, this indeed is mandatory for work flow at this point.

Specifically ... I was asking about the latest v6 upgrade, and, due to the various NEB configurations I've put together, need to better understand what your 'design' intent is for this new addition of the 'NM' category ... and most importantly, which NEB config I best place this library in.

When we first got the KULT compressor, you added a very specific Nebula specification for the NC version. I have that config.

I know that I can make all kinds of individual XML/NEB .dll, but I'm needing to know:

Should this v6 go into the dedicated NC library due to the settings that you prescribed for NC?

OR ... should it go into the 'general' library ?

OR ... should we create another specific .dll for this latest incarnation? If so ... are there settings that we should be modifying ? [like you said for NC].

I'm just trying to clarify. I know we can mod anyway we like. I'd first want to know your intent.

BTW ... this is a top notch unit you've put together! The updates and expansion have been fantastic, and prove to the entire Nebula community your quality commitment. This is sincerely appreciated.

I very much hope that you'll be looking to release other compressors that everyone desires, as you appear to have a keen interest and ability to translate these into high quality Nebula libraries.

I look forward to my next purchase from you, as I await to hear back on the questions I have outstanding to the v6 KULT update. Again, I want to first configure to your tested setup/install ... I'll customize or individualize if/when I need.

Thanks again!

To those looking for a great compressor with a gorgeous 'sound stage' check out the KULT. The 'preamp' alone is music magical.
:)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries