Gemini and Cupwise !!!!

can you do an upgrade to the libraries of Alex compressor. :evil:
best regards
krzysiek
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Gemini Audio Releases KultComp!!! - Compressor library

Postby RJHollins » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 am

Finally getting to the point in a massive restoration/ miracle project that I can now start to look at dynamics and compressors :shock:
:lol:

In particular, I A/B'd several of my NEB units, and found the Gemini KultComp to have a nice open and smooth sound. Only have the 6:1 ratio demo, I was only able to get a sense of the way it treated this mix ... really had to have something around a 2:1 ratio ... so ... just now purchased ;)

I didn't expect 3 separate files to download, but I grabbed them ... now getting ready to get this installed !

However ... this install has several folders that need to be navigated ... no auto installer :roll:

Reading through the manual, there looks to be instructions for customizing a NEB copy to utilize the advanced features. I'll look to do that.

Once I get this up and running, I'll try to post back with impressions on this.

Wish me luck on getting all these files moved without missing any :?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Just demoed the this compressor on a couple of drum-room tracks,
recorded with ribbons.
I first inserted the VNXT EMT140 to make it a bit larger, and the Kultcomp afterwards....yeah!
It opened it up absolutely beautifully!
Will purchase this one quite soon.
dpclarkson

Postby Thierr7 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi All ,

I've purchased the KultComp and really dig it ! Besides i received mails from Gemini and they all turned out to be just "blank" just like a white page !
I'm using Win7 64 , I wonder if it happened to other people ... :?
Thierr7

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:23 pm

krzysiek wrote:Gemini and Cupwise !!!!

best regards

As I keep saying, I actually still love Alex B's compressor libraries as-is. Granted, I hardly ever super-squash audio, so maybe that has something to do with my confusion about people's sudden craze with Alex upgrading. Alex said himself that to upgrade will also change the sound, the color, of his libraries. I personally would rather he left them alone and allow other devs (like Cupwise and Gemini) to do what they do. More flavors for everyone!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Gemini Audio » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

The KultComp has been updated! All programs are now available in PEAK mode (faster reaction) and EVF 17 mode (regular). Also the AHEAD values have been improved.
Gemini Audio
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:31 am

richie43 wrote:
krzysiek wrote:Gemini and Cupwise !!!!

best regards

As I keep saying, I actually still love Alex B's compressor libraries as-is. Granted, I hardly ever super-squash audio, so maybe that has something to do with my confusion about people's sudden craze with Alex upgrading. Alex said himself that to upgrade will also change the sound, the color, of his libraries. I personally would rather he left them alone and allow other devs (like Cupwise and Gemini) to do what they do. More flavors for everyone!

Yes I agree,

To me it is more important to have something that is functional that still sounds analog.

1.I like nebula because it sounds like analog compared to algo , that comes first.

2.But the again, It needs to be functional so i can get mixes done quickly .

3. The contrast between different programs is important for different situations.

If it could be possible it would be good to have both original and modded versions ,if it is difficult to change it may not be worth it.

But I Think it is also unfair to push developers into doing things that they Don't want to do after the official release.After all they released it because they felt happy with it.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:14 am

timp wrote:

I agree with the rest of your post, timp. But this statement....? Just seeing the words "get mixes done quickly" in a thread about using Nebula is funny to me....lol. I LOVE Nebula, and it has changed my digital audio permanently, but mixing QUICKLY? Do you have a server farm full of nuclear computers??
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby sneaky » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:16 am

I dont understand how Gemini and or Cupwise would upgrade AlexB libraries.. are they working together?
sneaky

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

richie43 wrote:
timp wrote:

I agree with the rest of your post, timp. But this statement....? Just seeing the words "get mixes done quickly" in a thread about using Nebula is funny to me....lol. I LOVE Nebula, and it has changed my digital audio permanently, but mixing QUICKLY? Do you have a server farm full of nuclear computers??

:lol: I wish i had more power.I guess i mean less messing around with presets when the inspiration hits.So having a compressor that you can tune quickly is important.
sneaky wrote:I dont understand how Gemini and or Cupwise would upgrade AlexB libraries.. are they working together?

I don't understand too :lol: Would it mean resampling or deconvolving the samples again?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries