Login

Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Postby Cupwise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:52 pm

jpchartrand wrote:Hey man thanks for the reply.

I really don't mind not being able to use the 10k but I think 10k is a great experiment and a new way for Nebula (based on what I've seen so far). So I'm very interested in helping to test it.
yeah. well i just want to be clear that i wasn't trying to single you out when i suggested that if anyone isn't happy with the situation, to email me. i honestly WISH everyone COULD at LEAST load it, and so it does kind of bother me that some people might feel a little disappointed or maybe mislead by my not saying up front that the more complex programs might not work for everyone. the last thing i want is anyone to hold any kind of grudge against me, thinking i mislead them or let them down somehow. so if anyone feels anything like that, contact me and i'll try to fix it.
jpchartrand wrote:
I'm on Logic on Mountain Lion. Let me know what specs to e-mail you and I will.
well with you specifically, being on Mac, i don't know ANYTHING about macs. but the basic stuff i'd like from anyone who contacts me is CPU (specific model), RAM (even though i'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it), OS, and then a list of any hosts you've tried it in, and whether or not it crashed each of those. then if you think you noticed anything important, add that in. i'd need to get enough feedback on this to be able to see any pattern for it to help.

also, has anyone tried adjusting their asio buffer to see if it has any effect?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Just did a fast check on my system ...

Both the 10k libs loaded [without crashing] REAPER.

I'm on a Win XP[32] SP3, 4gig. Running Nebula Server.

Soon, I hope to actually get to use this on a project I'm working on!

Going to try the 661x2A for a mastering project, though, I'm not certain on the 'hard knee' for this ... ?!?

Anyway ... just wanted to report that the 19k loaded without crash. I'll test to see how many I can run :?
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 pm

one thing i can see is it has to do with programs that have more sampled controls. someone has the issue with the combo filter from my last set, and pointed out that the 'trim' control is related (increasing trim increases harmonic content, and then cpu goes up dramatically). so, more than one sampled control plus dynamics, plus lots of samples/kerns, results in cpu use that spikes up (and is made worse with hot inputs). maybe it's un-fixable, but when i get some time i'll definitely be looking into it and i now have a few ideas where to look.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby cps418 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Cupwise it sounds as if you are having more of a guilt trip about this than anyone is dishing out. It seems that people are not complaining or feeling slited, I think they are just informing you of the functionality of the presets. I mean... who can complain with nebula comps finally coming to fruition.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Cupwise » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 pm

nah, it's not a guilt trip. i do see that people like the set. i just also know that some people can take issue to any piece of something they buy, not working 100% (i've been doing this for a while now). and that's their prerogative. i just want it to be known that i'd rather them contact me about it than go away angry or disappointed. my sales page didn't and still doesn't say 'some of these programs might not work', so it is misleading, even if it was unintentional.

anyway, i do appreciate everyone's comments about the set and it does make me feel good, in general.
:)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby indelible » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:34 am

Any cool settings for mixbuss compression?
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:36 am

indelible wrote:Any cool settings for mixbuss compression?

Absolutely, I have found many.... :shock: lol. And I bet you can to if you just load this up on a mixbuss and start moving the controls a little.... :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:03 am

Hey Richie,
I love your candour LOL. Thats why I love this forum. I agree, just wiggle some sliders. The cool thing about high quality gear is you really have to work harder to mess things up badly even though a little goes a long way in an ironic way.
H :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby CoolColJ » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:09 am

Rayphlex community program vs Softube CL1B and Vertigo VSC2 plugin

TR909 loop, fastest attack and release and similar settings, 6db or so gain reduction

Rayphlex is supposed to be fairly transparent, but I can definitely hear some colour on my Focal SM9 monitors diddlydoo
Adds a bit of sheen to the sound, even more than the algo plugins which are pretty coloured...

Dare I say, it sounds more 3D than these 2 good algo plugins 8-)
And no tube/transformer in the original hardware AFAIK

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/jaxstardo/Temp/
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Of course nebula wins!! :lol:
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries