Login

Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Postby david1103 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:42 pm

wtf! this is amazing. it is the first nebula compressor that actually works!

i have actually deleted all other nebula compressors, cupwise you are a genius :)

try the attack about 50ms, release 0.4, ratio 2:0 on drums. pull down the threshold and hear the attack of the drums get more and more punch. non of my non nebula VST compressors can do this. the punch they create sounds weak and artificial in comparison.

while compressing drums you get this kind of 'hovering' solid sound i have also never heard in software (apart from a little in a messed up way in other nebula comps)

for hard knee rhythmic compression this library dominates everything :D

playing with vocals i get an amazing clean sound on the hard knee, but couldn't dial in what i wanted with the soft knee. i am thinking maybe i like vocals soft knee only, more natural, anyone found any good vocal settings. so far closest to my liking has been:

attack 7ms, release 0.5, 1.5/1 ratio

but still maybe its too hard a knee... not that i am complaining, for percussion... :shock:
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:10 pm

the soft knee library, which will be out soon, will have the regular soft knee with and without the ufe controls, and then a 2nd version of the 'soft ii' knee which will have fully variable attack/release. the soft ii comp in this current set is limited to 'fast' and 'slow', but the one in the next set has the full range, AND the 'UFE' controls. and i would probably agree that the soft knees are better for things like vocals. you might be able to use the soft ii comp in this current set, but with the limit of 'fast' and 'slow', it might be a matter of luck if those attack/release timings fit for a particular vocal track. i have some ideas for future updates that might make it work a little better in this regard..
thanks for all the great compliments (everybody)!
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:13 am

dumb question time: it's fine that i replaced the old n2p files with the updated ones, yes? or should i have kept both?
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 am

i wouldn't call it a dumb question. i probably should have put that in the update .txt and i think i just forgot to. but yes you just replace the old ones.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am

thanks! :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby psound » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:43 am

Are there any pertinent master settings I should be using to get the most out of this library?

Rate CNV, L freqd, etc., etc..
psound
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Cupwise » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 am

no. except if you want to be able to add up to a 6ms lookahead. then you need to go into 'mast' and adjust 'ahead' to 6ms. then click save and reload neb.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby cpwade » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 am

brilliant. So good I bought it twice. :D
cpwade

Postby SWAN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 pm

its a pretty impressive program :D

One thing I notice with Nebula comps is you have to be quite careful with the threshold...Im not sure if its the scale that is short - or the fact there arent really meters to take feedback from - but it can sometimes feel like it goes from 0 to 100 pretty quickly...

That said the way this treats transients is very analogue like. I have been testing versus my Drawmer 1968 on a drum group and the results are very similar...

Im also suprised by the 661 as a compressor - seems like quite a good unit.

Ill be looking fwd to the soft knee programs. The hard knee is quite aggressive. Soft option could be useful for a master bus job...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Don't want to write another ahhs and ohhs.. but it's hard not to.. Cupwise You're a genius! Please do A*I 2500 next and You'll earn Your place in heaven!.. audio heaven :lol:

Seriously, has anyone had any problems loading 10 kernels programs? My reaper crashes almost every time..even with totally new session.. but 1k and 5k programs work great! 8-)
lipa

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries