Login

Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release: Rayphlex 661x2 A stereo compressors

Postby faun2500 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 pm

I tried it, It does work much better than most I have! 8-)
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Hey Tim - great job. You really have the compression, distortion side of things nailed in Nebula land. You must be proud of your release and detective work to really work out how to pull this off. Awesome release. :D
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:13 am

wow.. nice comments..seems like somebody finally did it! (improoved the nebula comps).. I haven't tried it yet.. but can't wait to ask a question.. is this miracle a set of nebula parameters we can apply to all other compressor programs? or is this specific to this library and can't be "copied".. :?: anyway.. congratulations cupwise! ;) I'll be buying it very soon..
lipa

Postby SWANG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:30 am

lipa wrote:seems like somebody finally did it! (improoved the nebula comps)

yes, it seems the community is moving forward in this area. don't forget that michael also released his amazing "drum compressor" library earlier this year.

great stuff, cupwise. will try it soon...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 am

Being an incurable junkie for fine audio and great Nebula presets, I bought this right away and have to chime in here. This is a very cool library and a huge step forward for Nebula technology. Mr Cupwise, you may have some other devs E-knocking on your virtual door soon, asking for your secrets. :D I immediately started using it all over a mix, on many different sources within the same mix. Acoustic guitars, heavy electric guitars, clean and jangly electric guitars, bass, drums (tracks and buss), even some very intense and thick vocals (solo and groups). In reality, I probably wouldn't use ANY one compressor like that, but only for diverse flavor. But this compressor COULD be used this way if someone wanted, I got great sounds from it for everything I tried it on.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mitch » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 am

Really amazing!

I would say it is more difficult to use as it has so much different behaviours available!

The behaviour of the transients is so good!

Thanks!
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby meloco » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Do I need to tweak Nebula to properly run these, or they work right away?
meloco
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Cupwise » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:24 pm

you don't need to adjust anything.

if you want to try 'limiting' with some of the presets, you would need to adjust the 'ahead' parameter in the 'mast' page, which just sets the maximum amount of lookahead you can have. just hike that up however high it will go. then you load a program, set attack to fastest, and go to 'edit' 'glob', set 'aheadsource' to on, then slowly raise the 'ahead' setting until you hear the attacks/transients being caught.

EDIT- I forgot to mention that if you change 'ahead' in the 'mast' page, you have to click 'save' on that page, and re-load nebula for the change to take effect (and for neb to allow longer look aheads).
Last edited by Cupwise on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:06 pm

... I just wrote similar things in a neighbouring thread..(relating Kult Comp) .. but WOW! Just tried the rayphlex community program and it's even better.. Haven't heard such fast and aggressive gain reduction from nebula never before.. :shock: niiice.. :D
lipa

Postby SWANG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm

lipa wrote:... I just wrote similar things in a neighbouring thread..(relating Kult Comp) .. but WOW! Just tried the rayphlex community program and it's even better.. Haven't heard such fast and aggressive gain reduction from nebula never before.. :shock: niiice.. :D

i concur. awesome new library! also, it seems now that gemini audio (acting on some advice from henry o.) has tweaked his kultcomp release using some of cupwise's new programs. head to that thread to check it out... 8-)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries