Login

Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Rayphlex 661x2 A ( new demo prog added, set updated)

Postby Cupwise » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:19 am

A short story: I was about to release this set over a week ago when I released my 'community edition' program from it in advance. Someone here at the forum did some tests on it and found that it, like other Nebula comps, had certain bugs. The bugs he found spurred me to go back and look at my programs again before releasing them. I'm VERY glad that this all happened. I think the set is MUCH better because of it, and I think I've addressed MANY of the issues with Nebula comps with this set.

I've already got probably too many words describing it over at my site, so instead of saying more about it here, I would like to point out that I'm releasing an updated version of the 'community' edition program. The old one does not AT ALL represent the set anymore. I actually reduced the ability to adjust the 'UFE' features of the program in this update, but that's how confident I am about the new compression ability of these things- even with extra limitations I still completely feel that the new community version is better than the old one. GRAB IT. I just felt that with these improvements I was giving too much away by leaving the UFE completely intact (but the new one is still BETTER, trust me).

So, the hardware compressors I've used here are known for transparency, which would mean that the compression aspect working is kind of important, right? Well, lots of people have been using Neb comps just for tone and other VSTs for compression. I think these could change that (check out the updated community edition).

Let me (and everyone else!) know what you think. ;)

EDIT/UPDATE there is now a demo program that works with free Nebula. also the set has got some new additions (see my latest post)
Last edited by Cupwise on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise release: Rayphlex 661x2 A stereo compressors

Postby vicnestE » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 pm

The "grab it" link is wrong.
Very impressive and exciting compressor.
I haven't tried the first version.
But this one could handle extreme gain reduction quite well.

Thank you for the free version. I think I will get the full version later :)

By the way the link of manual on your site doesn't work either.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm

vicnestE wrote:The "grab it" link is wrong.
By the way the link of manual on your site doesn't work either.

fixed
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Benjaminjo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

Well I dont know if this thing sounds like the hardware counterpart or not, but it seems you clearly found the way to make compression works way better than it was in the past. I can crank the parameters and it does react! Nice work dude, now I want this on all the nebula's compressors I own :)
Benjaminjo
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Grim » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Hmmnnn. Got this message after hitting buy now and then returning to site after making payment from Paypal.

Amount paid is not sufficient for products ordered

I think you manually send out links anyway so probably not a problem??....I hope!
Grim

Postby Barendse » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:11 pm

So far I like it very much for analog transperant mastering. Low ratio and treshold all the way down works great, grabbing about 2.5 dB. Nice!
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:05 am

Grim wrote:Hmmnnn. Got this message after hitting buy now and then returning to site after making payment from Paypal.
Amount paid is not sufficient for products ordered

I think you manually send out links anyway so probably not a problem??....I hope!

ok, sorry about that grim! it was just a small bug in the 'delivery' script for the 96kHz version. i've straightened it out now, and i sent you the links manually (sorry it took a while, i was away for a bit).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Grim » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 am

Thanks Tim.

Looking forward to trying it out.
Grim

Postby Cupwise » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 am

I updated the audio demos. I added one new one which is a drum-buss comp setup. I also improved one I already had up which was drums compressed separately. I had it down really low in level because there were some stray peaks and I felt like it would be 'cheating' to limit the track to bring it up to a more reasonable level, so I kept it quiet. I realized that this was unfair to me a bit, because in a real scenario you would use a limiter to bring the level up, so I just used one of the hard knee programs from the set as the limiter! I limited the stray peaks so I could bring the track up to a good level. The limiting is, believe it or not, fairly transparent. I compared before and afters and they looked/sounded basically the same except that after limiting, some of the very fast, high peaks were now reduced. I also used a limiting pass on the new clip. The limiting was only used to catch those stray peaks and barely affected anything else. I think now these clips show off some of what these comps can do with drums much better.

Barendse wrote:So far I like it very much for analog transperant mastering. Low ratio and treshold all the way down works great, grabbing about 2.5 dB. Nice!

I noticed that they could be used in that situation myself. :) I have a couple of attempts at showing it at the site but I think maybe my ability to use them isn't as hot as my ability to make them. ;) I'll have to work on getting more/better clips up to show the mastering side, and also at least one to show the limiting ability.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby himhui » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Woow! This is the first workable compressor in Nebula World.

Good Job, Tim!
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.28 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries