Login

Fatso?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Fatso?

Postby kungfujeezus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:13 pm

sheever wrote:
AlexB wrote:I have sampled this unit last year and then I have sold it since I don't like it... However I had thought to do a library with DTE and Fah-Tzu ( :mrgreen: ) as preamp to color and add harmonics but... Time is my enemy :lol:

I understand all of you.
but what I am really courious about is the change possibilities.
usually compressors have 4-5-6 parameters absolutely basic way.
but I would love to see how much difference can be recognize by changing the usually compressor function together with the saturation part.
I believe this preset would be a pain in the ass because its more complicated.I am not really wanted to go for using as preamp I wondering to see this balances between compress and the coloring combination in the same time.

Excellent points made, R2R is something very special. I'm hoping we get really vintage machine sampling down the line. Old Ampex machines, wax cylinders, blue amberol, edison prototypes.... Nebula is the program to do it!! :D
kungfujeezus
User Level I
User Level I

Re: Fatso?

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:11 am

I agree. I have to stress the Wollensak and Lafayette are awesome in that respect. I have another one I have to repair the power section to, and it will eventually be a part of something. Anything old with moving parts- not for the faint at heart when it comes to sampling! :)

kungfujeezus wrote:
sheever wrote:
AlexB wrote:I have sampled this unit last year and then I have sold it since I don't like it... However I had thought to do a library with DTE and Fah-Tzu ( :mrgreen: ) as preamp to color and add harmonics but... Time is my enemy :lol:

I understand all of you.
but what I am really courious about is the change possibilities.
usually compressors have 4-5-6 parameters absolutely basic way.
but I would love to see how much difference can be recognize by changing the usually compressor function together with the saturation part.
I believe this preset would be a pain in the ass because its more complicated.I am not really wanted to go for using as preamp I wondering to see this balances between compress and the coloring combination in the same time.

Excellent points made, R2R is something very special. I'm hoping we get really vintage machine sampling down the line. Old Ampex machines, wax cylinders, blue amberol, edison prototypes.... Nebula is the program to do it!! :D
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries