Login

New Rare EQ/Console Channel Strip From CDSoundMaster !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

New Rare EQ/Console Channel Strip From CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:31 am

We are pleased to share our newest release:
The Focal Point 115HD EQ.

Important Information For All Previous Customers:
If you have not received your email from us, please email or PM to receive your discount! Please remember to add us to your address book so that you will continue to receive valuable discount information.

This is a very special, very rare eq and console channel strip.

For info please visit here:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/software.html

Manual:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/115manual.html

PDF Manual:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/115HDmanual.pdf

Free limited setting, full quality version available to ALL Nebula users (Free and Commercial):
http://monumentalaudio.com/mac-pc/115HD ... D-FREE.zip

Thanks and God Bless You,
Michael
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: New Rare EQ/Console Channel Strip From CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby greekpeet » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Michael let me try out The FPEQ 115 eq earlier this week, and it came at the most perfect time. I've already completed two mixes with this amazing new tool, and plan on using it on another mix tonight. I had struggled to get those two mixes to fit just right for about a week now, and really didn't want o start doing my tonal shaping with my digital eqs, and wanted to use what I had on hand with Nebula. For these two mixes, they wouldn't fit, and honestly sometimes it would be hard to get things to lock in quickly.

I have to say this is probably my favorite go to Nebula eq I own. Now I really love the Peak EQ, Nice EQ, Doc Fear, Mammoth, and a few others but I have to say this one really shines.

Why?

CLEAN PROGRAMS WITH FULL CONTROL!!!

Finally we have straight forward nice sounding uncolored HP/LP filters, shelfs, and cuts that are professionally sampled and for the huge benefit of 1 kernel no distortion programs. No stepped programs, no more, oh I can't cut 850 hz, or oh the Q is too big but the tone of said EQ is correct, or man this thing cuts just right but the color isn't what I'm looking for, or man I love the control but I want clean.

Sometimes I loved the control and the cuts of the Doc Fear, or Mammoth, but they seem to colored or where the wrong kind of color. The programs that you can get when you purchase Nebula really didn't seem to cut it due to I was unimpressed with the sampling quality compared to the professional for purchase Qs. I loved the Mammoths HP/LP filters but put them on every channel it will sound terrible, and I'm starting to find that Nebula for those particular cases yield a much better result to the sound.Don't get me wrong I still love Doc Fear, Mammoth, Peak, Nice EQ, and Alex B's A*I, but I've been wanting a work horse EQ that wasn't a digital algo Q.

So then comes the 115. The pre-amps are a nice additional bonus, and the color of these programs are not over whelming to the point you couldn't put the 5K versions on a good portion of your mix.

Also these programs finally fill in the gap of a professionally sampled (sorry I never really liked the Angels EQ, S*L, ect for mixing compared to the paid alternatives) of cutting boosting your mid range. They are either stepped, or frequency specific. In fact on the Doc Fear you can't cut 900 hz, or make a small boost at 500 hz. I understand its the hardware limitation. The Peak EQ is wonderful tone wise, but its 2 db steps and again can't cut between that 800-1000hz range. Sometimes i have instruments that would have a bit of problem in the mix in these ranges that I could never get to with the programs on hand, so I'd use a digital eq to cut, as again I never liked the other non pro sampled Qs.

Finally, a very practical, and almost one size kind of go to mix eq for Nebula for almost every track for making corrections, and small tone changes.

That being said, I'm very excited about the new Alex B N**e offering but I think we've all got tone covered, this guy (the 115) is about control!!

Sorry for the long reply,and no I'm not endorsed by Michael in any way shape or form, just really excited as it was the thing that was missing for me in a big way.

THIS THING IS A WORK HORSE!!!
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow, Peter. What can I say but thanks for sharing this!
Peter is an amazing musician. We have discussed a lot of details on recording and signal chains that work for different situations. While I was completing the long process of editing the 115, I knew it was the kind of thing that was perfect for his current project, so I sent it to him for beta-testing. I'm so glad it worked!!!

His comments are exactly how I feel about this eq as well. Every hardware eq worth releasing has its own special sound and best use settings, but the 115 is definitely one of those perfect blends of clean but classic and musical, character but easily gets in between the cracks. Instead of being clean to the point of non-evasive, it never changes the original sound too much, but always leaves something more pleasant behind.

Thank you for your kind words Peter!!!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi

I've tried the 115 on my last mix and it was perfectly suitable and it surprised me a lot. i was instantly convinced.
the sound of this EQ is incredible, it gimme the impression that it refreshes the sound, this eq is airy,sweet,pleasant, generous, without too much coloring the sound.
it is respectfull and i appreciated this.

you've made with this new library a masterpiece.
the wide to narrow Q range and interpolations gives flexibility and accuracy needed
and the icing on the cake is the sampled preamp that we can use on each track even if the k11 that i would love using is too much cpu consuming for me, so i go to the k5 :)

as you can see, i fell in love of this EQ so i wanted to share my feeling...
the 115 has its own caracter that make a unique sound shiny and clear.
this is really one of my favourite...

again you've made an incredible job.

Postby mathias » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:34 am

i just bought it (influenced by your nice words guys ;-)).

and i am really impressed!!
where alexb bmq is kind of aggressive and brings the sound forward and docfear is fat and warm, the fp 115 is just clear and elegant. even on higher gainsettings, it brings just the frequencies i want to hear.
great mix-eq and perfect complement for the other two!

thanks michael,

greetings mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:36 am

This is a winner guys. I just can't stop shaking my head at how good it is.my jaw hit the floor actually when I first heard this baby. It is truly, truly is amazing. Sorry if this seems over the top but I cannot stop gushing. Actually I have effectively abandoned mixing OTB after trying this eq. It is not worth the hassle anymore for me.There are just too many good nebula libraries to deal with the round trip.

I cleaned out my nebula stuff and re-installed as I had about 42 categories of programs. Reinstalled all my stuff and Michael's libraries take up most of my space. I was clearing out a lot of the earlier libraries and when I stopped I realised that Alex, Analog in the Box and Michael's stuff just shines so no point keeping the original stuff. Michael in particular is just extra-ordinary in his choices of gear. This was an amazing choice - I have other eqs from these guys and the Mammoth and this focusright are unmatched IMHO. Wow, wow, wow. Keep up the good work Mike...........this is a serious tracking eq guys.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby greekpeet » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:44 am

The more I work with this EQ, the better is shines at what it does. Needless to say this is my bread and butter eq.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby tumburu » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:15 pm

How is the loading time considering the src process? How heavy is it on the cpu (let's say the 5k programs) compared to mammoth?

Thanks.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Tumburu,

I can't say in comparison to Mammoth, but this collection is optimized to be the best balance of features and cpu. In comparison to something like my GEQ, which would be the heaviest on resources, since there is a focus of importance as a mastering eq that it have settings to even 1/5dB steps, the resources for the typical Focal Point program is 20% less and better.

It's important with SRC to realize that the only extra resources used for lower rates, is in opening the program.

It does extremely high quality SRC when opening the program, and then once loaded, the resources used drop down to being identical to what the program would be if it were originally sampled at that eq. That is to say, for example, if a 96kHz program took 20% system resources, and the same program sampled at 44.1kHz took 10% resources, the same is true if SRC loading the 96kHz version at 44.1kHz. At first it takes longer to load in SRC, but once there it takes the same amount as if it were sampled at the lower rate.

tumburu wrote:How is the loading time considering the src process? How heavy is it on the cpu (let's say the 5k programs) compared to mammoth?

Thanks.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tumburu » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:15 am

Indeed, GEQ is the heaviest Nebula eq around. If this one is only 20% more efficient I'll think twice about it...
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries