Login

AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Postby pat38 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:@pat38: yeah, that's the problem you're inserting it in a mono track, that's all.

Well, AlexB told me mono or stereo should work either way in a mail ...

My first tests were done on a mono track only... I was not digging any further since Alex told me that mono or stereo should work either way...

After reading you guys, my tests show that only a stereo track works, that's a fact. Mono track does not work...

unless some one here proves that wrong...:) Because personnally I'd love to be able to use the panner on mono tracks above all ...

Thks for all the replies/inputs so far...

Let's petition for a mono track nebula panner :)
pat38
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:05 am

pat38 wrote:unless some one here proves that wrong...:) Because personnally I'd love to be able to use the panner on mono tracks above all ...

Thks for all the replies/inputs so far...

Let's petition for a mono track nebula panner :)

I think that won't be possible because that's your DAW's configuration, in most popular hosts, like Logic in your case, there are differences between mono and stereo tracks, their outputs are basically different and that's why panning with a plug-in (any plug-in) in mono tracks won't work at all. Reaper doesn't have this old and rusted paradigmas of buses/aux or mono/stereo tracks, there are tracks and that's it :)
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah, you need to petition your host to change the way mono channels handle effects, there's nothing REAPER or it's 3rd party developers can do about that.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby highvoltage » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:01 pm

also if you instert it on reaper on a mono channel, that nebula instance will have to work in stereo anyway.

asking for a mono panner is really a paradox
highvoltage

Postby farjedi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:22 am

For a true emulation of a console panner, wouldn't you have to use 2 panners for a stereo track..one for left and one for right?..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:58 am

farjedi wrote:For a true emulation of a console panner, wouldn't you have to use 2 panners for a stereo track..one for left and one for right?..

Most console channel inputs are MONO. The idea would be to bring the stereo 2-trk up on 2 mono faders with a 'panner' inserted on each.

Using a DAW, the routing can be somewhat different [depending on the app].

This is a major issue I deal with in mastering !

My hope was that the ddmf Metaplug, which can virtually split a stereo track into separate L/R streams, can then be routed to various NEB's in a true 'hardware' emulation. Unfortunately, there is an elusive bug in Metaplug that alters the samplerate of Neb [i.e.: from 44.1k -> 16k] :(

I've started to test another plug, Bidule, which can do similar things.

As I've stated in another thread ... the improvement using separate L/R processing is well worth the doubled processing power required.
:)

We need Metaplug fixed ... please let the developer know we need this tool.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries