Login

AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Postby pat38 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 pm

pat38 wrote:
I'll try pan law at 0, since they were already sampled at -3db...

tryed pan law at 0 : no change....

just a volume increase/decrease..

anyone ?
pat38
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:52 pm

i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby pat38 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:08 am

RJHollins wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_law

ah ah, a lecturer lecturing sneaking in here ? :)

Ok, tested again with pan law at 0db and -3db in logic , with headphones

audio track recorded at 48000khz, 24bits

slider in the negative values : volume increase
slider in the positive values : volume decrease

I does not pan the signal, so I think I'll renounce using it... until someone has a real hint

logic 9 latest, mac osx snow leopard latest, nebula pro latest here

Thks
pat38
User Level II
User Level II

Postby ericus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:40 am

If I'm not mistaken, the panner needs to be used on stereo tracks or stereo busses. Maybe Alex can chime in?
ericus

Postby RJHollins » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 am

yes ... must insert into a stereo track or bus.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:11 am

pat38 wrote:slider in the negative values : volume increase
slider in the positive values : volume decrease

This shouldn't happen at all. AlexB's panners (both -3.0dB and -4.5dB), should act just like your DAW's panners with a subtle difference in dimension and depth. They're not designed for stereo tracks only, actually they should be used in mono tracks just like in real consoles (let's remember 98% of consoles have MONO channels, not stereo so these panners should behave like those pan pots in consoles' channels). Sorry for these obvious and maybe dumb questions but, did you check your monitoring system? Is it correctly calibrated? Is your Master track set up properly? Aren't you monitoring in mono? (though this last question shouldn't really matter because you're experiencing a change in volume which shouldn't happen because a -3.0 pan law shouldn't change levels, perceptually). I'd go to both folders, "Programs" and "Vectors", and locate "ALEXB_PAP30.N2P" and "ALEXB_PAP30.N2V" files, respectively. Remove them and install this library again. I don't have this -3.0dB panner because I just own the CLC which brings a -4.5dB panner but there shouldn't be any difference in their behaviors besides the fact of the pan law used.

NOTE: DAW's pan law should be set to 0.0dB when AlexB's panners are inserted in tracks to avoid doubling the pan law.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:32 am

i cant see how it should work on mono channels. It must be inserted as a stereo instance, despite the source being mono.
highvoltage

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:36 am

pat38 wrote:hi all
create mono audio track
record audio
insert panner (mbc-pro or mwc-pro)

there is your problem. you cant expect a plugin to behave in stereo on a mono track. (except on advanced daws with advanced routings)
highvoltage

Postby highvoltage » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

AlexB wrote:I don't want an XP vs Vista war, but IMHO:

64bit is the future but if the software isn't good, I still in the present... I use my time to work, not to solve Microsoft problems in my system. Since my system works why upgrade to the problems ?
When loaded my audio tuned Win-XP32 only takes 130Mb RAM and 0-1% CPU... With tuned Win7-64 it takes over 1Gb and 5% CPU... I don't like the workflow, graphics, and much more...

I can disagree on that.

I was a hardcore XP user for ages, and i just switched to Win7 recently (i even managed to make a dual boot, so if i hate win7 i can go back to my XP)
The reason i really wanted to switch, is because of nebula programs taking so much RAM. XP couldnt go further the 1.8 Gb line. Nebula instances just stopped loading. ANd i ran into this problem almost in every project.

So enter win7 64 bit. My daw is not even 64 bit, but since win7 is, it can give the host almost 3 gigs of memory. That is just enough so i never ever run into memory problems ever since.
Also i installed my soundcard and everything with zero problems (so far)
I only hated to reset every new 'features' (* i hate microsoft) to classic mode, cause hey are so utterly useless. But after 2 days of tweaking, my win7 works almost the same as my trusty XP.

It's true that it takes up 700Mb of RAM just to run. (and 0 cpu, im not sure what are you talking about with the 5%?)
but as i said, it totally worth it if you want more ram.
highvoltage

Postby Mercado_Negro » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:29 pm

highvoltage wrote:i cant see how it should work on mono channels. It must be inserted as a stereo instance, despite the source being mono.

Right. Sorry, I use Reaper and I forgot for a moment all this difference between mono and stereo tracks in other DAW's, it seems I'm too used to this 'freedom' :)

@pat38: yeah, that's the problem you're inserting it in a mono track, that's all.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries