Login

AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern Black Console PRO : audio demo here!

Postby mertayy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Eh...I have a computer freak cousin that stripped windows xp (not with regular methods desribed on internet, it took him a year to perfect it) and performance became 2x after that (and thats why I'm still fine with nebula on old pc...) without any hardware tweak (like overclocking).

He's now working on new windows but it will take time. He can't share it as it would be illegal but I'll ask him later on if he has some tips on disabling useless windows stuff...
mertayy

Postby futur2 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:01 pm

AlexB wrote:My solution is very simple: use Win XP tuned for audio/video :mrgreen:
I hate Vista and Win7, they have only problems and demand for high ram and cpu for nothing... I have tried and deleted from my system.

aehh... this is certainly not the future nor does it reflect my experiences with win7
futur2

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm not having issues or problems personally, but I think XP is nearing the end of being a viable solution for a lot of people. It's a 10 year old product that reached end of life (more than once) and will soon be incompatible with modern hardware:
new hard drives are now being designed with different formatting standards in regards to block size that will make XP terribly inefficient (you're using a block size emulator at that point, apparently).

It's also only a matter of time before drivers for newer hardware stop being developed for XP.

Don't get me wrong, I love XP, it was a great OS that had a rather large life cycle and managed to effectively kill its replacement by being so much better. But we're approaching the day when using XP simply might not be viable anymore.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby ericus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 pm

mertayy wrote:Eh...I have a computer freak cousin that stripped windows xp (not with regular methods desribed on internet, it took him a year to perfect it) and performance became 2x after that (and thats why I'm still fine with nebula on old pc...) without any hardware tweak (like overclocking).

He's now working on new windows but it will take time. He can't share it as it would be illegal but I'll ask him later on if he has some tips on disabling useless windows stuff...

These tips would be very helpful for some of us... ;)
ericus

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes these tips would be very helpful.....Post or Pm....knowledge should be free!!!! :D
dacaveprods

Postby ericus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, you're so right...but for some people, knowledge is power. Not saying this is the case here at all, this is a great community. 8-)
ericus

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Very much so.... but who made it power?????? :D
dacaveprods

Postby mertayy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm

I sent him an e-mail. But again I must say what he did was very advanced and he won't share but maybe he'll give some tips on disabling stuff to save ram and cpu.
mertayy

Postby AlexB » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:00 pm

norburybrook wrote:The big issue for me is it's compound so it's taking about 5 minutes to open a song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm mixing at the moment so I'm wanting to use Nebula for the first time on a commercial CD,thank god the Artist isn't here this week.

I need to have this sorted though as it will be embarrassing having to wait 5 minutes for a project to open :(

MArcus

Beta-Test sent, please check your email box.
8-)
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Fabio Ramon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Please make the download, but it has some options, which of the programs and the closest to the actual console?

1 mic, 2 mic
line 1, line 2 Line3?

thanks

sorry for bad english

Fabio Ramon
BRAZIL
Fabio Ramon
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries