Login

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby futur2 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:46 pm

h-man wrote:
I am simply going to just buy the unprotected stuff from AITB and CDsoundmaster if this keeps up.

me too. i will only buy protected libraries if the protection scheme is convincing and future proof...
futur2

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Just bought it.
The loading time of it with the latest nebula 3 pro reverb is a lot faster than TLQ.

The EQ is convenient for it's not step (frequency-wise) and full-spectrum-sweepable , and its curve is unique compared to FATE EQ and other EQs.

Got my auth file 4-5 hours after purchasement. Thanks AlexB :)
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 am

Velinas - If you guys can get an instant way of copy protection then it makes it a lot better.

The auth key didn't seem that safe too me either - opens in any text document. I am no cracker but guys......you make a lot of hassle for the legitimate buyers like me....give the real crackers enough time and bam .....it's out there anyway.

Please answer Alex - Like I said - what happens when I have 40 libraries from you and I upgrade my computer? You mean I have to do this all over again? Spending a day just authorising. No thanks - give me ilok or syncrosoft then - that's the profesional way if you want to copy protect. Not perfect but I have used it for years and it is hassle free when I upgrade. Otherwise it's gonna be too much hassle............. just saying - and listen - I have bought all your libraries and you know that. I have spent almost over £ 200 with you so don't get on the defensive. I am a paying customer who wants you to stay in business because I really rate your stuff - it takes a big man to hear what your customers are saying. :)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 am

h-man wrote:it takes a big man to hear what your customers are saying. :)

Alex has (with his replies and general attitude in this thread) shown me that he honestly doesn't give a f**k about my opinion. Naturally I won't do any more business there, copy protection or not.

This discussion is getting old and my conclusion is that if a developer won't make even the tiniest effort to respect or just communicate with me as a customer, I'm out.

Fortunately for all of us there's a lot of interesting stuff going on in Nebula land.
lordnielson

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:44 am

to continue 'beeting the horse' :o

All the software I use is protected in one form or another ... and yes ... it can be a hassle.

As NEBULA matures lets hope that all aspects can be improved upon.

I too have bought many of the commercial libraries, and if something new of interest becomes available, I will buy it [with or without protection].

This new MWQ-Pro library is a wonderful tool ... and highly recommended.

Beside the sound quality, a major consideration is the library cost. I feel that the affordable factor DOES have an impact. It is also nice the special prices made available to previous customers ... this is a nice incentive, as I have made purchases that I'm not really needing, but I will at the special price which still helps fray the developers costs.

The protection questions are valid, IMO. Even though the number of current .aut file for me is 9 ... I'm waiting for the next releases. There will come the time when a new computer will have to be built and more libs to buy.

Though ... let us not forget the ole adage ... "NEVER do an upgrade until you can afford the downtime" or something like that :roll:

BTW ... did I mention the flexibility of this EQ !!
The various 'q' settings contained within one preset is just marvelous. I used it in a mastering session without hesitation. :mrgreen:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:26 am

we could support synchrosoft or ilok if you prefer. New ideas are welcome. The protection is linked to the hdd serial number or mac serial number, in such way you can't move libraries to a different computer or share, which is the purpose of protection. Obviously if something changes, you should authorize everything again. But if the process is automatic (it will be on many websites), you should just provide the new ser and you should receive ALL auth files from the website.

This kind of protection is good for standalone plugins, and it's suitable for libraries, but I'm not sure about libraries really. Each developer could write his own protection anyway, but it requires c++ knowledges so I did it for everyone. If someone has a better idea or is able to code c++, we could move to something better, honestly I'm running out of ideas.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby tumburu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 am

Dongles are really a sensible subject. Not to mention that moving a license between 2 accounts costs you 25$, which can be the price of one Nebula library.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Juanjo » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 am

giancarlo wrote:...If someone has a better idea or is able to code c++, we could move to something better, honestly I'm running out of ideas.

How about some form of fingerprinting and/or personalized key files? For example take a look at the ARIA engine developed by Plogue and used by Garritan in their most recent products: elegant, unobtrusive, and apparently it works as I don't think GPO4 has been cracked? They even made a selling point out of it, "graceful copy protection" they call it...

Anyway, ANYTHING unobtrusive for legitimate users... personally I feel that having Nebula itself with C/R is already painful, but having libraries with C/R on top of the Nebula C/R is just nonsense.

Btw we're hijacking this thread, there's a dedicated parallel discussion going on here:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Juanjo
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mertayy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:09 pm

Juanjo wrote:Btw we're hijacking this thread, there's a dedicated parallel discussion going on here:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

Yes thats a good idea...
mertayy

Postby paulrussell » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Responding to an earlier post about system load, if you batch process the audio with Nebula Renderer it takes a lot of the real-time load off the PC. I've now got into the habit of batching each audio folder with Alex's MWC-Pro IL1 before opening up a mix.

Regarding the copy protection, I've no problem with it. If Alex wants to protect his valuable IP then that's fine with me. I would just hope that if he chooses to 'retire' from the business then he could issue open .ser files so that we can move the programs freely. In all my dealings with him he's been a standup guy so I don't think he would leave users in the lurch.
paulrussell
User Level IV
User Level IV

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries