Login

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby norburybrook » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm

I Must admit, I am not to happy with this kind of copy protection either, for example I recently bought the lex 480 libs from signal to noize, now that was 2 days ago and I havent been able to use them because for some reason my nebula pro 3 version doesn't seem to be able to load any 'pro libs'.

Looking at the disk page I can see my name on the registration but it seems it's acting like it's unregistered.
Now, because there is no automatic registration and I'm at the the mery of when GC looks at his mail/forum etc that has meant I"m still waiting after 2 days.

What if he's been hit by a bus? had a mental breakdown and gone to live in India? I'm stuffed and so are my Clients who are sat here wanting the mix I did last week recalling.

Copy protection if its an automatic one like Spectrasonics/NI etc is OK but having to send files and wait for manual serials is worrying to me.

MC
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby grahamduncan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:13 pm

IMO, challenge/response is not a professional solution. For mission critical usage there needs to be another option or encrypted libraries will not be used on important projects here.

Graham
grahamduncan
User Level I
User Level I

Postby HIFIDELITY » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:30 pm

MBC-PRO=MBC-PROTECTION! :D
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby tumburu » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:35 pm

:lol:

I really hope the other devs don't get paranoid too.

I have a lot of libraries and this is not something I'd like to have to deal with.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby venderkatz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:55 am

This is really silly stuff. Alex, like every other developer is entitled to protect his creations by whatever means he decides upon, however awkward it may be to implement. Worrying is a waste of time and the ultimate negativity. Enjoy the wonderful aids that you purchased and make music.
venderkatz
User Level I
User Level I

Postby SWAN » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 am

Shame everyone is talking about the Copy Protection and few comments about the actual EQ performance...maybe not many users? Im trying to decide which to get next vs Focal...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby zaminx » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Well Im not a copy protection fan but its up to Alex

About the Eq
I love it as a Mix eq jsut the right balance of colour and its so easy to find the sweet spot.

Great work Alex
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Henry Olonga » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Well I was the one who first mentioned the copy protection and although it is off-topic it is an issue but apologies for bringing it up. There does seem to be some consensus here that some find it unreassuring if anything were to happen to the developer who copy protects. By the time I am done with Nebula libraries there well may be more than 20 or thirty from the third party guys.

When that new 16 core super-fast next generatiuon computer comes along and you upgrade to it and re-instal - guess what - you will have to generate 20,30 or even 40 ser files and wait for the responses. Not good enough IMHO especially as Alex and the others release more stuff.

I am simply going to just buy the unprotected stuff from AITB and CDsoundmaster if this keeps up. If I ever release libraries I will not protect them. Period.

Anyway back to the eq - I have already said that I have the hardware eq and Alex's sampling is bang on. For those who care it is a smooth and clean eq. Top end is to die for for adding AIR. Never harsh.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:58 pm

I too.
I don't like the copy protection AS I don't like to see 3rd party libraries shared (ALL: others and mines).

When 3rd party developers asked to Giancarlo a simple and fast copy protection, we have begun to test it and now I use it.

I speak in general:
Unfortunately some people don't understand that even the economic programs involve great work, great money and time investments. Probably the wild sharing doesn't kill big company but can do it for a single developer or little company.

Fortunately the majority of the Nebula users is more interested in the sound, so:

end of this paranoid mental masturbation. :mrgreen:
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Sorry for hijacking this thread and getting back to the copy protection again.
My partner and I deceided not to use it YET.

Probably the wild sharing doesn't kill big company but can do it for a single developer or little company.

For this reason we will introduce it sooner or later.
BUT:
Before we will port the code to perl/php, so authorizations can be created immidiately by customers on the AITB homepage.
Giancarlo and I already had an almost perfect working solution, but it was to much designed only for AITB and not for all developers, so he developed something new.
I did not start working on portating this protection yet, but once I've completed this I'll send it to the other 3rd party developers as well.

Velinas
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries