Login

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby AlexB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:06 pm

The protection is simple and the same as in the Nebula plugin.. I don't see all this fear... It should be a standard in the future since it has been developed for all 3rd party developers...(They asked it).

The great advantage is a different code which allow better sonic and CPU-RAM performance.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:22 pm

AlexB wrote:The protection is simple and the same as in the Nebula plugin.. I don't see all this fear... It should be a standard in the future since it has been developed for all 3rd party developers...(They asked it).

The great advantage is a different code which allow better sonic and CPU-RAM performance.

A different code for encryption??
Or is the encryption code in the same development kit with other sonic/CPU-RAM optimization?
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:41 pm

tumburu wrote:Really? I'm curious what kind of computer you have Alex. How many channels of console+eq+pan can you run in real time?

Add to that the fact that the busses have to run in real time all the time.

I'm curious too especially when working under 96KHz.
Could someone or some helpful developers share some user experiences about how good the PC should be??

I myself just ran off-line render again and again to save the trouble.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:47 pm

AlexB wrote:The protection is simple and the same as in the Nebula plugin.. I don't see all this fear... It should be a standard in the future since it has been developed for all 3rd party developers...(They asked it).

I'm using the same .ser file that I originally got with Nebula when I bought it. During that time I've reinstalled my os several times on completely different drives.
I lost some harddrives recently and every time I reinstalled the os I've had to get a new ser file for your programs.

What happens Alex, if for some reason you are not a member of the Nebula community in the future ?
lordnielson

Postby AlexB » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:30 am

lordnielson wrote:

I'm using the same .ser file that I originally got with Nebula when I bought it. During that time I've reinstalled my os several times on completely different drives.
I lost some harddrives recently and every time I reinstalled the os I've had to get a new ser file for your programs.

What happens Alex, if for some reason you are not a member of the Nebula community in the future ?

I think that if this will happen the cause will be of my funeral :mrgreen:
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 am

lordnielson wrote:
AlexB wrote:

alex you're joking about it, but the truth is people get sick, get hurt in accidents and die... :cry: i think lordnielsons concerns are legitimate
futur2

Postby lordnielson » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

AlexB wrote:
lordnielson wrote:

I find no guarantee in that. I bought 3 of your products.
If you had this copy protection from the beginning I wouldn't have.

I also never bought Waves plugins because of Wup (and because they've been outclassed by now)

What your protection has in common with WUP is that the customer thinks that he owns something, but actually doesn't.
lordnielson

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:47 am

Let's say if Acustica could recover the encrypted libraries or continue distributing the licence file if anything happened to any 3rd party libraries provide.
It would be much assuring.

Just like NI - Kontakt do the encryption job while the sample providers wrap it.

In the future there will be HUGE programs, which makes manaul generated licence tiresome.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:37 pm

vicnestE wrote:Let's say if Acustica could recover the encrypted libraries or continue distributing the licence file if anything happened to any 3rd party libraries provide.
It would be much assuring.

Yes, Giancarlo can do it.
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:05 pm

This over-caution is a bit paranoid to me, but i think it prepares the field for the Nebula powered (Aqua) products.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries