Login

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby tumburu » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 am

Really? I'm curious what kind of computer you have Alex. How many channels of console+eq+pan can you run in real time?

Add to that the fact that the busses have to run in real time all the time.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:37 am

Higher sample rates are a bit dubious, all depending on the specific plug-in or processing at hand. Some times it sounds good, some times it doesn't matter, and sometimes it sounds weird. However, I definitely advise against doing any actual down-sampling of any of these presets/libraries. These files are encrypted so you can pretty much damage them, even render them useless. Perhaps though David you may be right that's simply a bug. However with most intermediate steps of developing our libraries there is an order to things and defying that order damages files.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Any more feedback on this EQ? Seems like the Focal is getting a lot of attention but this less so...I am warming to this due to its relative simplicity compared to the Focal...looking for a general mix EQ...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby futur2 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:06 am

SWAN wrote:I am warming to this due to its relative simplicity compared to the Focal...looking for a general mix EQ...

it seems much easier to handle as in less programs same function than the focal
futur2

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Well bought this the other day and I have the Portico and it is a stunning eq. Alex has sampled it very well and the sound is bang on.
Just not too chuffed about copy protection. I fear that if any of the developers go bust in the coming years it will be gigastudio all over again. Now if I want to authorise the sampler, it is almost impossible.

All the same - this is a very sweet eq guys
Last edited by Henry Olonga on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm

h-man wrote:Well bought this the other day and I have the Portico and it is a stunning eq. Alex has sampled it very well and the sound is bang on.
Just not too chuffed about copy protection. I fear that if any of the developers go bust in the coming years it will be gigastudio all over again. Now if I want to authorise the sampler, it is almost impossible.

All the same - this is a very sweet eq guys.

henry do you have the Focal and how does it compare in sound and usability? 8-)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby farjedi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:55 pm

When I've reinstalled my computer the nebula .ser file still works , wouldn't this be the same for alex's?..or is it dependant on your comp I.D or something and a new one is needed when you change machines?..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby lordnielson » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:23 am

farjedi wrote:When I've reinstalled my computer the nebula .ser file still works , wouldn't this be the same for alex's?..or is it dependant on your comp I.D or something and a new one is needed when you change machines?..

It does work for the general Nebula libraries but not for Alex's.
I've deceided not to purchase any more AlexB programs until his copy protection changes.
If he choses to leave the Neb community (from lack of intrest, illness or work obligations) the programs become worthless. Too big a risk to take really.
lordnielson

Postby farjedi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

yes that is worrying...
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby NealStarrett » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 pm

I have had success reinstalling Alex's libraries without have to reauthorize (saving the aut and ser files) with a reinstall of the OS. Nebula itself depends on the volume id which can change with a os reistall but you can change it back to what it was with volumeid. I think maybe Alexs libraries work the same way.
NealStarrett
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries