Login

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 am

http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/en/modern_white_eq.htm
"The real modern "N" sound

With input and output custom designed R.N. transformers, which are much of the heart of the sound of Mr N’s classics.
We are not sure what magic is inside of this EQ, but everything we send through it immediately sounds good...

This is a fantastic EQ !!!"

Cool...and one day, we will run out of words to describe the programs....
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AlexB Modern White eQ PRO

Postby Barendse » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 am

Man three great eq programs in one week! Where do I start?
;-)

The 1073 is a winner for sure. Someone already checked the HD115?
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby tumburu » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 am

I'm sure it sounds beautiful but I don't need another 96k library, as I'm mixing exclusively at 44.1.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby david1103 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:46 pm

there is a method to resample a whole library down to 44.1 using nat at the highest quality. i tried it, and got a bug :| that was with an old version, maybe it works fine now.

afraid i don't have the time to fiddle with all these obscure undocumented processes... if someone from acustica could supply a guide it would be a great help to users i am sure :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby tumburu » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:00 pm

IMHO the developers should do this 44.1 resampled version, and they could even charge something extra for it.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby fuseburn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:33 pm

But what would be the point of it ? You can use it in your 44,1k-sessions.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

Postby vicnestE » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:40 pm

longer loading time and much slower comparison.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWAN » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:54 pm

This looks like a really versatile EQ! Perfect mix EQ...

Why is it that Alex B EQ are so simple and CDSoundmaster has about 38 programs per EQ? This Alex B has variable Q in each program...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby bottom1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Swan,

I agree with you on the Alexb's programs being more user friendly... I really think 3rd party developers should concentrate more on the way they name their programs... CDS and AITB provide outstanding products, but their naming sometimes brings my creativity to a grinding halt... I find that in order to use them, I often have to stop the recording process and open either a Notepad Doc or a PDF file.

In a profession where people should use be using there ears more... the Naming kills this immediately. I think Acustica should set a Standard 3rd Party developers should have to adhere to... Quality Control... There is no way in the world I would mix a record with the client present using more than AlexB, CDS Tape programs and AITH Mammoth... esp when I charge by the hour (by the project is a different story)

Some of us have really quick deadlines and not enough time to experiment/decipher whats going on.

Needless to say, the majority of these 3rd Party programs are great... But they should remember less is more...
bottom1
User Level V
User Level V

Postby AlexB » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm

tumburu wrote:I'm sure it sounds beautiful but I don't need another 96k library, as I'm mixing exclusively at 44.1.

96kHz programs sound always better than 44.1kHz ones even if you work at low sample rate.

david1103 wrote:there is a method to resample a whole library down to 44.1 using nat at the highest quality. i tried it, and got a bug :| that was with an old version, maybe it works fine now.

afraid i don't have the time to fiddle with all these obscure undocumented processes... if someone from acustica could supply a guide it would be a great help to users i am sure :D

I wouldn't recommend to downsample, 96kHz programs have more details, air and they sound more real as the hardware. Also, all native and DSP plugins work better at high sample rate, so I recommend to work at 96kHz since modern PC, ram, HD isn't an issue.

Cheers

Alex
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries