Login

Cupwise releases community edition compressor (FREE STUFF)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise releases community edition compressor (FREE STUFF)

Postby Cupwise » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:35 am

ngarjuna wrote:Thanks! People seem to love the 661 (never used one myself), can't wait to check it out. Were you able to sample it in Easyrider mode for the full library?

well, hypothetically, if i knew what you were talking about, the answer would be- 'kinda'.
that mode is not totally doable in Nebula. first, nobody seems to really know 100% how it works. 2nd, most seem to assume that part of it depends on some 'short-term memory', which, i'm pretty sure is out of nebula's ability. actually i'm 99.9% on that. but, hypothetically, i would have done my best to capture what was there to capture.

the comps in this set were sampled with dynamic attack/release envelopes, so they change a bit depending on the level going in, just like the hardware. i looked at the hypothetical envelopes from the alleged mode and they were slightly different depending on the level, but it was very subtle. so it leads me to believe that the overall mode is more complex (again, probably based on 'memory' of some kind). that said, the mode uses a 3rd knee (besides the hard and soft ones you can use outside of that mode), which is 'softer' than the soft one. so i 'sampled that mode' twice, once with the 'automatic' fast/slow attack and release times which won't automatically adjust like the real unit because nebula can't copy that, but the basic envelopes are there. then i did it again and combined the softer knee with the fully variable attack/release from the non-auto modes. i kind of turned the things inside out. i think that mode is the main thing i couldn't recreate, but i've made things you can't do with the units..

lipa wrote:Thanks for this one!! You could have called it "Aphex Twin" (or twins) :D that would be realy funny.. ;)

hah, i never thought about that, with the 'twin' angle. i love that stuff though. 'surfing on sine waves' is my special place... 'rdj album'=classic. and drukqs is somehow still different every time i hear it.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Re: Cupwise releases community edition compressor (FREE STUFF)

Postby Cupwise » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:54 pm

sorry everybody, but i've just uploaded an update for this. it's the same link, the same zip, but it now has updated n2p files in it. i noticed a parameter that i had set to a setting i usually don't use could lead to clicky/glitchy behavior. so i switched it to the usual position which fixes it. i recommend anyone who grabbed this to grab the updated set (it is a small quick download, afterall).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries