Login

N**e 1073 EQ comparisons?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: N**e 1073 EQ comparisons?

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:01 pm

h-man wrote:
richie43 wrote:Alas, I do not have the BAE library anymore...... Anyone else?

I have it - :D uploading to my site - will be available in an hour or so. Will update once it is available.

EDIT: Here is the link guys 530 MB. Please use a download manager if possible.

http://www.henryolonga.net/Nebula/Bae-api.rar

How fun! Thanks Henry!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby alpsessays » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Indeed thanks sir!
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:09 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awtc4acpsigqkyf/BAE-API.rar

Just to be helpful, and since I have somehow accumulated 5GB's of free Dropbox storage space, here is another link to the free BAE library. But if you have a few pennies, buy one (or more) of the existing N**e libraries. They are all equally awesome!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mpodrug » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Many thanks to Henry and richie!
Just a question, does it work with nebula free? In case i want to 'convert' someone to the nebula force. :)
mpodrug
User Level X
User Level X

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:01 am

alpsessays wrote:Thanks guys. That is what I thought actually - it is more a case of each one being slightly different because the hardware will be slightly different. So, I'll prob demo them all and see which I like the best for the moment, and then get another one in due course. Money is an issue at the moment.

I'm a N**e guy (as you can prob tell) and for me now the question is do I go with the Alexb 1073 vintage blue console plus a 1073 EQ or do I go with the cd soundmaster n-ten-at4 which is an all in one so to speak 1084, plus get a stand alone 1073?

Gad. A good deal of demo's to wade through...

Thanks again for your help guys.

I just have to interject: Vintage Blue is by far my favorite console (out of the 10 I own). FAR. Part of that is the material but part of it is that it's just a fabulous library (made from a fabulous console). I could type for pages and still not run out of good things to say about VBC.

But if you're a "N**e guy" then the answer is simple: get them all! You'll probably sort of love having the variety all in the same ballpark.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby alpsessays » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 pm

[/quote]
I just have to interject: Vintage Blue is by far my favorite console (out of the 10 I own). FAR. Part of that is the material but part of it is that it's just a fabulous library (made from a fabulous console). I could type for pages and still not run out of good things to say about VBC.

But if you're a "N**e guy" then the answer is simple: get them all! You'll probably sort of love having the variety all in the same ballpark.[/quote]

Indeed! Thanks for the recommendation. As a N**e guy - as already stated - I've really got to get the 8014 desk :D

But certainly I'd like them all. I'll prob also get both the 1073's from AlexB/AITB plus the 1084 from CDSM.

I had a listen to some of the consoles here - http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

As well as the N**e, I like the sound of the Globe console plus the Vintage BBC one. The Bogen too.
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Postby lipa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:43 am

For a preamp flavour I'd strongly recommend Henrys' 1073.. Found it to be the most nevish N**e.. :lol: Besides differences between various hardware units there is a big difference in converters used for sampling.. and I believe Henry uses the best converters (prism) and I can really hear that in his libraries.. ;)
lipa

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm

The converter thing is interesting. When hear anything from the prism ,the low mids are very detailed but the highs are not so detailed as say the mytek .But I think Mytek may be weak in the low/ low mids.
I've been trying sampling on my converters with 192khz and with mine I get better results at 96khz and 88.2khz .

Recently when mixing I've been using alex b's for low mids
and cdsoundmaster for high mids and highs in eq's.This works well for me.

Tim
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:20 pm

To be general about cdsoundmasters to my ear maintains the texture but alex b's is better for low end/low mid changes. .
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Barendse » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm

timp wrote:The converter thing is interesting. When hear anything from the prism ,the low mids are very detailed but the highs are not so detailed as say the mytek

Tell you what. I really thought Henry is making a mistake somewhere in his proces. But okay if this is the sound of Prism...
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries