Login

N**e 1073 EQ comparisons?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

N**e 1073 EQ comparisons?

Postby alpsessays » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi. I'm thinking of purchasing Nebula, and I was wondering about the third party developers. AITB, Alex B and CDsoundMaster all seem to have versions of the N**e 1073. Is there any difference in terms of quality between them? Or is that the wrong question? Which is the 'best' in your opinion?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Re: N**e 1073 EQ comparisons?

Postby alpsessays » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Although, thinking about it, would it more a case of each unit/EQ sounding slightly different because there will be slight differences in the hardware one suspects. In which case...get all of them? :)
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ngarjuna » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:23 am

Well I've never used the Fate (that's AITB's 1073) but I can tell you that AITB makes fantastic equalizers, so I wouldn't hesitate to use it; I just already had the AlexB one and only needed so many options when it comes to 1073s (it's not really my go to EQ personally so one suffices). There are multiple band programs with the Fate if that's attractive (personally I've been using Nebula EQs for so long that multiple band EQs annoy me now heh! but some people love em).

I can tell you that I love the AlexB 73eQ. No bells and whistles really, just what it says it is: a really faithful 1073. Alex tends to also spend a long time sussing out the hardware of everything he eventually samples (I'm not saying the other developers don't do this, I know for a fact many of them do); he has extensive electronics knowledge and often customizes the circuits in question (either returning them to more vintage components in some cases or modifying for improvements in others). So in short, I trusted that Alex's 1073 would be a really super great 1073 hardware unit to begin with.

The only CDSM 1073 I can recall using is the modular stuff in the RASS. That's a fairly dated library so I'm not sure it's fair to compare (although there is some highly useful stuff in that library for sure). I find myself reaching for the AlexB version instead every time just because it's the form factor I'm expecting (I select a band and go, the RASS presets are setup in a creative way).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby botus99 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:31 am

There is also a free 1073 library by BAE/ Brent Averill. I can't remember where I found that though...
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:15 am

I like them all. They are all of equal quality, in my opinion, just different flavors. Many studios have more than one version of similar hardware, and each has their own sweetness. My suggestion is to buy one and get to know it. If you want another flavor, and it will definitely be a complimentary purchase, get one of the others. I actually own all of the N**e presets, and I do use them all at one time or another. I especially love to use them all when I am going for a very dominant N**e vibe across a large portion of a song but want the sonic expressiveness of slightly different colors of that N**e vibe.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:17 am

botus99 wrote:There is also a free 1073 library by BAE/ Brent Averill. I can't remember where I found that though...

That is an older library, and it is tough to find these days, it seems. I don't have it installed, but I just may have it on one of my multiple redundant storage drives.... If I have it, I will upload it somewhere and post back here.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 am

Alas, I do not have the BAE library anymore...... Anyone else?
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby alpsessays » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks guys. That is what I thought actually - it is more a case of each one being slightly different because the hardware will be slightly different. So, I'll prob demo them all and see which I like the best for the moment, and then get another one in due course. Money is an issue at the moment.

I'm a N**e guy (as you can prob tell) and for me now the question is do I go with the Alexb 1073 vintage blue console plus a 1073 EQ or do I go with the cd soundmaster n-ten-at4 which is an all in one so to speak 1084, plus get a stand alone 1073?

Gad. A good deal of demo's to wade through...

Thanks again for your help guys.
alpsessays
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Barendse » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:29 pm

If you work at 44.1 pick up the Fate eq.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 pm

richie43 wrote:Alas, I do not have the BAE library anymore...... Anyone else?

I have it - :D uploading to my site - will be available in an hour or so. Will update once it is available.

EDIT: Here is the link guys 530 MB. Please use a download manager if possible.

http://www.henryolonga.net/Nebula/Bae-api.rar
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries