Login

About Fate EQ (Vintage N**e 1073 from AITB)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: About Fate EQ (Vintage N**e 1073 from AITB)

Postby Masr » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:54 pm

rrrobo wrote:Oh man, is this still in 44.1khz?? :(

Well, that's what I actually like about it - I do not need to to worry about downsampling issues (as I record in 44.1kHz) and also the CPU load seems to be much smaller. :roll:
Masr
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby highvoltage » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:31 pm

ohohh...

i really really thought that i dont need a new eq anymore, after all i have the Doc and the Mammoth, and VMQ....

but i accidentally read this thread and HAD to buy it.

well... :shock: i didn't quite expect that it would blow my socks off in 10 seconds..

dunno its like i could eat the sound of this eq, never heard anything like this before. i love me some Mammoth - its crispy chips vibe and the air of the Doc, so this one compliments them totally in its creamy glory.

And especially the combo programs i like. its very well planned. (NOT just for kicks and snares!)

So if you thought you already have enough, do yourself a favour and try this.
highvoltage

Postby rrrobo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Masr wrote:

rrrobo wrote:
Oh man, is this still in 44.1khz??

Well, that's what I actually like about it - I do not need to to worry about downsampling issues (as I record in 44.1kHz) and also the CPU load seems to be much smaller.

Ok but that's what I actually don't like about it - I need to worry about downsampling issues (as I record in 96kHz) and also the CPU load / conversion time seems to be much higher.

:)

Just annoyed as I've been waiting for someone to make a Nebula 1073 @ 96khz for years and as soon as a developer releases it, it's the only one that still does everything at 44.1!

Support are ignoring my friendly questions now anyway - I'll just wait for the AlexB 1073.
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby chagalj » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 pm

highvoltage wrote:dunno its like i could eat the sound of this eq, never heard anything like this before. i love me some Mammoth - its crispy chips vibe and the air of the Doc, so this one compliments them totally in its creamy glory.

+1 for the cream. The mammoth and Doc Fear are silky fine, but this one is all cream in the low band. Never used real 1073 before, but I just realized why is this EQ in almost every big studio around the world.

After I tried the demo, immediately purchased it. Thank you for this EQ, Michael, and especially for the affordable price.
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby SWAN » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:39 pm

chagalj wrote:
+1 for the cream. The mammoth and Doc Fear are silky fine, but this one is all cream in the low band. Never used real 1073 before, but I just realized why is this EQ in almost every big studio around the world.

After I tried the demo, immediately purchased it. Thank you for this EQ, Michael, and especially for the affordable price.

I think this one is from Niklas ;)
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby chagalj » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:55 pm

SWAN wrote:quote]

I think this one is from Niklas ;)

Thank you, Niklas! :D
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:48 pm

This EQ is from me (Niklas) AND Michael. (Not CDSoundmaster) ;)

Thanks guys for your feedback, glad you like the release that much. Allthough it is a "simple" EQ it was a tough time to get those beatiful results. Sampling time itself is not that much but all those tests and analyses that has to be done to get really perfect results.

And especially the combo programs i like. its very well planned. (NOT just for kicks and snares!)

Yes, it's useful to a lot of different sources. But I use the 1073 mainly on drums and so I did name the combos this way.

About the 96KHz vs 44.1 thing:
Most of our customers are mixing at 44.1.
The top-notch converters we use (Primsound) are behaving very well at 44.1 So the differences between 96KHz and 44.1 are extremely small and not worth the double bandwidth, double peformance, longer loading-times.
In fact: After a lot of blind-tests we even prefered the native 44.1 programs more then the downsampled 96KHz versions.

However, this appears only to mixing natively at 44.1
I agree with those who are working with samplerates above 44.1.

As a solution we could release every library in 44.1KHZ and 96KHz native! But this would mean we have to raise prices or to sell 44.1 and 96KHz versions seperated.

We'll start a poll soon and see how big the demand for native 96KHz versions is.

@rrrobo:
Please send me a PM with your email address. We received a lot of emails with questions about 96 vs 44.1 - they all should have been answered. I'll send again.
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby TranscendingMusic » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:06 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:This EQ is from me (Niklas) AND Michael. (Not CDSoundmaster) ;)

Thanks guys for your feedback, glad you like the release that much. Allthough it is a "simple" EQ it was a tough time to get those beatiful results. Sampling time itself is not that much but all those tests and analyses that has to be done to get really perfect results.

Yes, it's useful to a lot of different sources. But I use the 1073 mainly on drums and so I did name the combos this way.

About the 96KHz vs 44.1 thing:
Most of our customers are mixing at 44.1.
The top-notch converters we use (Primsound) are behaving very well at 44.1 So the differences between 96KHz and 44.1 are extremely small and not worth the double bandwidth, double peformance, longer loading-times.
In fact: After a lot of blind-tests we even prefered the native 44.1 programs more then the downsampled 96KHz versions.

However, this appears only to mixing natively at 44.1
I agree with those who are working with samplerates above 44.1.

As a solution we could release every library in 44.1KHZ and 96KHz native! But this would mean we have to raise prices or to sell 44.1 and 96KHz versions seperated.

We'll start a poll soon and see how big the demand for native 96KHz versions is.

@rrrobo:
Please send me a PM with your email address. We received a lot of emails with questions about 96 vs 44.1 - they all should have been answered. I'll send again.

And in fact, converters, especially high quality ones will work better at a range of 44.1 to 88.2 with 60 being the ideal. Unfortunately, we all know 60 doesn't exist. However, for local working rates, 88.2 is even better than 96 for reasons of keeping the converter from working higher than it should and 88.2 being a mathematically "easier" number to reduce from to 44.1. This especially holds true in recording thru a converter. 44.1 will most likely out perform higher rates. Keeping in mind too the quality build being used. We allknow most pro mixers, ME's or in this case developers are using high quality converters. So 44.1 is just fine, if not better.
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby tumburu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:34 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:As a solution we could release every library in 44.1KHZ and 96KHz native! But this would mean we have to raise prices or to sell 44.1 and 96KHz versions seperated.

This is brilliant!

Separate packaging is the best solution (I mix at 44 and master at 96 for instance, so I'd love to have Mammoth at 96 as well, but not the APE and the Fate, for that matter).
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby rrrobo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 am

I don't doubt you guys have done an awesome job on this EQ, I just think the response of EQs is not always going to be natural at 44.1 because for example if you do a big boost at a high frequency (even at the highest (I think) 12k for the 1073) the curve/shelf will definitely extend past 22khz which means if it's a 44.1 khz program the curve will be cut off sharply at that point. This will not be representative of how the hardware would behave in an all analogue path, where the information would extend far up into the 50khz region - even though sound information above 20khz is not directly audible it's probably not worth just discarding it like that!

Does no-one else consider this or worry about it??
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries