Login

About Fate EQ (Vintage N**e 1073 from AITB)

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

About Fate EQ (Vintage N**e 1073 from AITB)

Postby chagalj » Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm

No one comments the latest EQ? I dont own it yet, but would like to hear some impressions.
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby analoginthebox.com » Mon May 31, 2010 9:47 pm

wow, you are quick. we just released it a few minutes ago. :D
While I was announcing here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=229&rb_v=viewtopic you already wrote this topic :D
User avatar
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby Barendse » Mon May 31, 2010 10:55 pm

chagalj wrote:No one comments the latest EQ? I dont own it yet, but would like to hear some impressions.


You've heard the DW fearn and Mammoth from these guys? Then why are you asking for some impressions? ;-)

One word: paypal
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: Fate EQ

Postby david1103 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

just bought... can't wait! analogue in the box is back big style! fantastic :D
User avatar
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby chagalj » Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 pm

analoginthebox.com wrote:wow, you are quick. we just released it a few minutes ago. :D
While I was announcing here: http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=229&rb_v=viewtopic you already wrote this topic :D


He he! Sorry about that, I just checked your page and saw it there, and thought that its odd no one mentioned it here.

:D
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby chagalj » Mon May 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Barendse wrote:You've heard the DW fearn and Mammoth from these guys? Then why are you asking for some impressions? ;-)

One word: paypal


Dont know, I think I want to hear something like: "its so 1073 that Im selling my hardware version."
So that I immediately redirect to paypal. 8-)

Or, something like: "if you own Mammoth and DocFear, you really dont need this one."
So that I redirect to paypal in a few days, when my pay comes. :mrgreen:
chagalj
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:43 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby piperboy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 am

This will be my next purchase- but until then I sooo want to hear expert opinions as I have never heard the real deal. BTW what do es this eq go well with. I know, I know use your ears. But many people rave about alex b mbc pro being exceptional with rock- how bout these?
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby scooter » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:55 am

Answer: Alex B's MWC I guess (once it gets re-released), but really any of Alex's stuff is killer.

piperboy wrote:This will be my next purchase- but until then I sooo want to hear expert opinions as I have never heard the real deal. BTW what do es this eq go well with. I know, I know use your ears. But many people rave about alex b mbc pro being exceptional with rock- how bout these?
-Scott
User avatar
scooter
Member
Member
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Fate EQ

Postby vicnestE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 am

scooter wrote:Answer: Alex B's MWC I guess (once it gets re-released), but really any of Alex's stuff is killer.

piperboy wrote:This will be my next purchase- but until then I sooo want to hear expert opinions as I have never heard the real deal. BTW what do es this eq go well with. I know, I know use your ears. But many people rave about alex b mbc pro being exceptional with rock- how bout these?

AlexB is going to release the real N**e Vintage Blue Console PRO(N**e 8014) also in bundle with 73Q (N**e 1073 equalizer)this year.
So much console to play with :)

I've tested Fate EQ (only the low band) on a whole mix, and the result is quite amazing. With a few 2~3%gain (I think this unit could use real dB , but blind tweaking is sometime better since you are actually using your ears).
It quickly fatten the sound but maintain the tightness nicely.

By watching it from analyzer, it actually low shelf a bit, cut some 500Hz and boost some high frequency.

The low band does something Mammal and Doc Fear not, so it's another secret weapon for ITB.
(As for other programs, I shall test them later.)

The programs are well-designed and quickly loaded. Time-saving :)
User avatar
vicnestE
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 am

Re: Fate EQ

Postby analoginthebox.com » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:00 am

AlexB is going to release the real N**e Vintage Blue Console PRO(N**e 8014) also in bundle with 73Q (N**e 1073 equalizer)this year.
So much console to play with :)


Ah, interesting!
We'll continue our "Fate" series soon after Mammoth Expansion with 1093 (a special 1081 module) and a VR module. So we will release EQs only, but not the consoles, because we don't want to damage Alex's console sales.
User avatar
analoginthebox.com
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 am

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests