Login

Cooltec vs. Pooltec vs. Mammoth vs. DocFear

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cooltec vs. Pooltec vs. Mammoth vs. DocFear

Postby faun2500 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:48 am

Yeah, I have been using the GMC since release up to now but I am finding the bass a bit boomy for my hard trance tracks. The Mammoth is much more flexible but I am going to do some more testing with the Mammoth against the GMC today.

:)

(side note: the more I limited/clipped the track the worse it sounds)
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby CoolColJ » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Mammoth sounds good, has this more precise sound compared to the others, but can boost up sounds to a very large level, but workflow wise it's a PITA.

It's all separated out into distinct boost or cut programs. And these take forver to load, 2x longer than even the largest of the reverb programs.
Need to be optimised?

I can imagine the horror of session loading the next day with more than one of them used - zzzzzzz :shock: :?

Pooltec sounds more vintage to me than Cooltec - judging by the demo. Both sound really nice in that airy way

Nice EQ is the least boomy of the lot for bass boosting, The tube gives it a nice definition, but it also sounds pretty coloured and can be a bit too much in the harmonics. I drop the input level, and boot the output to reduce the colour. the Solid state version doesn't have enough colour :)
The VST aqua plugin version makes it nice to use - smaller!
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby teknik » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 pm

They all have their place, it's all about using the right tool for the job, and that's the beauty of Nebula - you have so many high quality tools and colours at your disposal, and can use them in combinations that would be near-impossible (or at the very least, prohibitively expensive) in the analog world!
teknik
User Level II
User Level II

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries