Login

Mac OSX and Nebula Pro Versions with 3rd Party Libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Mac OSX and Nebula Pro Versions with 3rd Party Libraries

Postby Loopy C » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:53 am

Hi, I have mentioned this in the 'German Mastering Dynamics' thread but would like to pursue further information on the dilemma I seem to find myself in.

Currently, Nebula Pro 3 Mac 1.3.492 will not work on either of my Mac systems DESPITE them being completely different hardware and OS set-ups (10.5.8 Mac Pro and 10.6.8 MacBook Pro). I have attempted upgrading from my present 1.3.467 versions several times since it was released and sought support from Acustica who told me 'sorry, can't fix now' and importantly, 'don't buy any recent 3rd party libraries'!

Consulting with CDSoundmaster and successfully using his most recent and taking a risk and buying GMD Pro, these programs SEEM to be working fine (they show up and I haven't detected any obvious problems so far) despite the developers notes to use 1.3.492...SO MY QUESTION to Acustica and 3rd party Nebula library developers alike is:

What is the difference between 1.3.467 and 1.3.492 on Mac and what are the potential problems? I am not too thrilled about being told 'not to buy recent libraries' so if I am on my own I would like to at least have some further information if possible, especially given my seeming success? up to this point ignoring the explicit versioning notes included in these recent releases.

Thanks in advance Acustica and 3rd party developers alike, any info appreciated (especially 3rd party as it directly affects my purchasing! new products from you) ;)
Loopy C
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Mac OSX and Nebula Pro Versions with 3rd Party Libraries

Postby giancarlo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:40 pm

sometimes old versions can't decrypt new libraries. A complete changelist is available in nebula update thread
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby dpclarkson » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm running latest version (1.3.499n) on 2008 8core,
10.6.7 installed.
I have absolutely no issues with 3rd party libs.
I used to have issues with earlier versions
you mentioned, ironically.
dpclarkson

Postby jelmet » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

How's your .499 treating you dpclarkson?
I'm on .492 and afraid to jump to .499 'cause I have a record in the house right now...
jelmet
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Loopy C » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:44 pm

giancarlo wrote:sometimes old versions can't decrypt new libraries. A complete changelist is available in nebula update thread

Yes, just found that out...Cupwise released a program-only update that made browsing his Tascam 122 Cassette programs easier (by tape name) and installing them crashes Nebula :(

Sure wish I could update my Nebula and have it work...looking at the update history it looks like the xml file changed (tuned?), and MAST settings changed, any clue anyone?

dpclarkson, I am on late 2009 Nehalem 8 Core Mac Pro and late 2010 (October) MacBook Pro so 1~2 years ahead of your 2008 FWIW?? It's hard to believe that with two different machines/two different OS's having same symptoms that I am alone and REALLY need this to get addressed.

How many Mac users are using newest?
Loopy C
User Level II
User Level II

Postby FrankydT » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm using latest experimental version on a Mac Pro 2008 with MacOSX 10.6.8, Logic Pro 9.1.5, Audiofile Engineering Waveditor 1.5.5 and Mixbus 2.0.4.
Absolutely no issues.
Well, no more. I had some problems with Rhythm in Mind's reverbs as example, but after tweaking xml file and MAST page, it's alright.
DSP Buffer 8192
Rate CNV (in XML) 1999999.
Try these maybe will help you
Bye
FrankydT
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Delete .XML files from Nebula temp folder.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Loopy C » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 pm

enriquesilveti wrote:Delete .XML files from Nebula temp folder.

Thanks for reply Enrique ;-)

Actually, thats what led to crash! The program names didn't immediately appear so I emptied 'Temp' then the crashing started. After replacing 'Temp' with previous back-up, I then individually loaded each program and then deleted/re-inserted Nebuala which would update the program names in 'browser' pop-up menu (having tried a few at a time) but doing them all eventually caused same crash (must have been something towards the end of the program list that initiates the crash.
Loopy C
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Loopy C » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:21 pm

FrankydT wrote:I'm using latest experimental version on a Mac Pro 2008 with MacOSX 10.6.8, Logic Pro 9.1.5, Audiofile Engineering Waveditor 1.5.5 and Mixbus 2.0.4.
Absolutely no issues.
Well, no more. I had some problems with Rhythm in Mind's reverbs as example, but after tweaking xml file and MAST page, it's alright.
DSP Buffer 8192
Rate CNV (in XML) 1999999.
Try these maybe will help you
Bye

Thanks FrankydT for reply ;)

Was that the only problems you had before these 'tweaks'? I would simply get no output (both 492 and 499 versions) with same DSP Buffer settings as my current set-up. Currently I am at 8192 (per Acustica) but when I set that in 1.3.492 I would get a digital full scale SCREECH and complete overload of Nebula output. Resetting to my normal of 128 would alleviate SCREECH (but not the ringing in my ears!) but then return to no output. It was after this chain of events Acustica said that they couldn't fix 'it' right now?
Loopy C
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Loopy C » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:29 pm

btw, though a small sampling I can't help notice that the two people reporting it works are on 2008 Macs...anyone with newer hardware?

Obviously I am desperate to find any clue to problem and why Acustica gave up so quickly.
Loopy C
User Level II
User Level II

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries