Login

VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Postby mathias » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:54 pm

georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:Thank you all for your help! I think I'm getting somewhere.
I set the quality to 5 because the manual says it is better quality like that.
The thing that makes me think I'm fine is because before I was testing just with a bit of guitar from a session but now when I test with a drum hit I can hear the tail last much longer. I thought I was probably doing something wrong. Normally in Logic when you stop the audio playback the reverb continues as it should do but now, listening to this single hit, I can hear the tail last it's full length, or at least close enough. If I stop playback the tail sort of fades out.
I'm not actually in my studio so I can test the reverb in a real situation right now but I'm hopeful that all is as it should be. Thank you all! Merry Christmas.

ah yes, i was suspecting the audioengine doing "things", as all your settings from the pictures seem correct.

be aware, that quality on mastpage is a legacy setting, that should not be touched.
settings higher than 1 can actually degrade your audio on rendering.

by the way, welcome to nebula! :) ... oh world of its own ... 8-) :lol:
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Thanks again to everyone. Looking forward to getting to know this thing better and spending all my money on libraries I don't need! I'm not disagreeing with anyone but this is what I read in the vnxt manual:
"To have best possible quality, you can also increase in MAST page (GURU mode on) QUALITY (5) and RATE CNV to max."

I will keep it at one though. :)
georgerarnold@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:20 am

Sorry to bother you all again. I've finally made it to my studio and I'm been *trying* to mix a song. Over all I'm very happy with how nebula sounds but I can't believe how much cpu the vnxt 140 takes! I loaded an instance up on an aux in Logic and logic crashed like it's never crashed before and left me unable to open the project unless I unabled the Nebula reverb plugin in the AU manager.
I'm using some plugins in the project but not loads, there are only 3 tracks and they are all frozen. I've got 8gb of ram.
In the manual there are some suggestions to make it easier on the cpu but to me it sounds obviously not as good.
Anyone else come across this? Thanks.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby evaderod » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 am

georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:Sorry to bother you all again. I've finally made it to my studio and I'm been *trying* to mix a song. Over all I'm very happy with how nebula sounds but I can't believe how much cpu the vnxt 140 takes! I loaded an instance up on an aux in Logic and logic crashed like it's never crashed before and left me unable to open the project unless I unabled the Nebula reverb plugin in the AU manager.
I'm using some plugins in the project but not loads, there are only 3 tracks and they are all frozen. I've got 8gb of ram.
In the manual there are some suggestions to make it easier on the cpu but to me it sounds obviously not as good.
Anyone else come across this? Thanks.

Hi George,

The quality = 1 is for playback in realtime on most machines, the quality = 5 is a suggestion for offline rendering purposes that creates very high cpu load.
What i've been doing with my setup (i7 2600k 3.2 Ghz, 16 Gb ram) is to use the mast page tail turn down trick to mix with and then set to optimum before final rendering. These programs kill older computers. What is your setup? I only have experience with win7 so don't know about Mac.

Regards
evaderod
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby wagz » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:20 am

George, if you haven't tried this already, raise your soundcard/interface's buffer settings. For instance, I set mine at 1024 for mixing.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby mathias » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:53 am

some infos regarding your system, asio buffer, etc. would be helpful
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Expert
Expert

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 am

Thanks for the replies.

Evaderod, I have the quality set 1. I would love to be able to up the quality but I use a summing mixer and so I can't bounce offline. At the moment, if I add an instance of nebula reverb on this project and load the 140 plate Logic crashes and when I reopen it just crashes as soon as the arrange page appears.
Mathias, I use a fairly old macbook pro running 10.6.8 2.4 GHz core 2 duo 8 GB memory. I use Logic 9. You might laugh and say I'm using old stuff but the system works well together and Logic x doesn't do 32 bit plugins and I love my abbeyroad plugins which they haven't updated to 62 bit. The most important thing is that I can trust my set up and use it quickly.
I Have the buffers set to maximum in Logic and in nebula.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RE301 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Did you try this advice below (from VNXT) - note the step where you have to save the Nebulareverb instance after changing dsp buffer, remove it and then re-load it in Logic..

"Running nebula EMT 140 properly

- open the Nebula3 Reverb in your DAW

- Go to the MAST page

-Click next to "MODE" where it says "0 Simple" and drag upward until it says "1 GURU"

- click the second to last parameter on the right list that says "DSPBUFFER" , drag it upward to 8192

-click the 'Save' button inside Nebula in the upper right hand corner of the LCD display

- Remove the Nebula plugin from your session and reload the plugin

-click on the word 'init' then navigate through Reverb>VNXT>EMT 140 Plate and click on the 2.5 second program"
RE301

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi,

Yes I've followed that advice but still no joy. I'm starting to think my computer just doesn't like it.

Thanks for your help.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:37 pm

I've just recounted the amount of plugins I have, 36 - 4 of which are nebula so actually that's quite a lot. More than I thought. I think I'm just asking too much of my little old computer but really these Nebula libraries take way more cpu than any plugin I've ever used.
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries