Login

VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:56 pm

SteDal wrote:
georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:
Thanks. I'm not going to get any more libraries until I can fix this vnxt. I've heard how good it is, which makes it more frustrating that I can't get it right.
I've got a new album recorded which I've had for almost a year, I just need to do the singing but I just never have the time. I plan to finish it in feb if you'd like to listen. Hopefully there'll be a nice 140 plate all over it!

Another suggestion: press KERN on the main page, select the first value you see below FREQD: and set it long enough for the reverb tail (mSec). You can change the value with the second knob.

I hope this will work for you...

Thank you. Yes I've moved them all to the maximum.
georgerarnold@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Yes I've moved them all to the maximum.

... it's possible that that is now the problem. :o
Keep in mind ... to get at those settings, you've had to switch Nebula into GURU mode.

This indicates you need to know what all those settings do ... and how they interact.

Hopefully you saved an original backup of your nebula XML file [factory default]. By the way, are you using Nebula or NebulaReverb ?

Maybe post a screenshot of your KERN page and the XML file.

It is quite easy to mess up Nebula when messin' with settings haphazardly.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:32 pm

RJHollins wrote:

Keep in mind ... to get at those settings, you've had to switch Nebula into GURU mode.

This indicates you need to know what all those settings do ... and how they interact.

Hopefully you saved an original backup of your nebula XML file [factory default]. By the way, are you using Nebula or NebulaReverb ?

Yes but it was all done out of desperation!
[img][img]http://s17.postimg.org/9h89p7h3z/Screen_shot_2015_12_28_at_15_01_24.png[/img]
kostenlose bilder[/img]
[img][img]http://s7.postimg.org/mohdik16j/Screen_shot_2015_12_28_at_15_01_28.png[/img]
bilder kostenlos[/img]
[url][url=http://postimg.org/image/kujyjndzd/full/]Image[/url]
bilder uploaden[/url]

I hope these screen shots work, there you can see all of the parameters that I might have changed. I didn't back up the xlm file.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:41 pm

RJHollins wrote:

Hmm here I try again. These are the other 2. I can't find the xlm file.

User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:00 pm

First spot.

Set QUALITY=1 you have it at 5.

other settings [this is what my page has]

*L TIMED= 100.0ms
*L FREQD= 6.000ms

for these 2, I believe you may need to edit the XML file to allow higher values.

Can't detail at the moment, hope others can also help.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mathias » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:14 pm

apart from the quality setting it seems, you have all set, how it should be for long reverbs.

did you render a piece of music (with enough empty space to make the reverbtail hearable, don't trust the automatic "render tails" if your daw has some kind of setting like this), to see if the reverbtail cutoff comes from the realtime audioengine of your daw maybe?

nebula should do it right with these settings.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RE301 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:25 pm

The VNXT EMT140 is an amazing library.. its actually what made me take the step into Nebula-world in the 1st place as well.. .. though it can be rather challenging & confusing to get it to work well if you don't have deep insights to the inner workings of Nebula settings (which I don't) / or the pertinent info at hand.

It'd probably be a good thing if there was some ultimate guide on how to use the VNXT EMT 140 / Nebula3 with all the essential information & trouble-shooting collated in one place - at the moment there's all kinds of really useful information around but hidden away / scattered in forum posts etc (actually the same is true with working with Nebula generally, but that's a different story).. information that can make the difference between the library being usable or unusable for some users (!).. in my case I now have a collection of notes from info I've come across I've saved as textfiles on my computer... such as:

Running nebula EMT 140 properly

- open the Nebula3 Reverb in your DAW

- Go to the MAST page

-Click next to "MODE" where it says "0 Simple" and drag upward until it says "1 GURU"

- click the second to last parameter on the right list that says "DSPBUFFER" , drag it upward to 8192

-click the 'Save' button inside Nebula in the upper right hand corner of the LCD display

- Remove the Nebula plugin from your session and reload the plugin

-click on the word 'init' then navigate through Reverb>VNXT>EMT 140 Plate and click on the 2.5 second program

Last edited by RE301 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RE301

Postby RE301 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Well anyway, hope the user Georgearnold gets the issues sorted out... I find the info turning up here about the reverb tails to be quite interesting because its something which is not so clear for me (properly optimizing / adjusting for tails..)

Once you get this sorted out - I can suggest to explore some of the other library offerings out there, there's various top-notch 3rd party developers active (Tim P, Cupwise, CD Soundmaster, Signaltonoize, AlexB, Henry Olonga etc) with a veritable cornucopia of choices which you might find suit your music & productions... (I just had a listen to '7th Cranial Nerve' on YT .. I like the vision! :-) )

It strikes me that (in general) reverbs seem kind of the most challenging type of libraries to configure and work with in Nebula, especially the VNXT ones which are demanding on the system.. its like trying to coax every last drop of performance out of a sensitive racing car...
Last edited by RE301 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RE301

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:14 pm

Thank you all for your help! I think I'm getting somewhere.
I set the quality to 5 because the manual says it is better quality like that.
The thing that makes me think I'm fine is because before I was testing just with a bit of guitar from a session but now when I test with a drum hit I can hear the tail last much longer. I thought I was probably doing something wrong. Normally in Logic when you stop the audio playback the reverb continues as it should do but now, listening to this single hit, I can hear the tail last it's full length, or at least close enough. If I stop playback the tail sort of fades out.
I'm not actually in my studio so I can test the reverb in a real situation right now but I'm hopeful that all is as it should be. Thank you all! Merry Christmas.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Alright George ... sounds like you got reverb 8-)

QUALITY #1

mention of 5 is either a mis-type, or mis-read.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries