Login

VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello,

It's my first day with nebula and I'm tired! I bought nebula mainly because of the good things I'd heard about the vxnt plate but I can't get it to sound right. I'm sure there's something I've missed so it'd be great if someone has a suggestion.
The tail of the reverb is cut.
I've done everything I can see on the manual for suggestions (increasing the l freqd and the rate cnv). It's interesting that in the beginning the maximum l freqd level i could go to was 0.750 or so but then suddenly out of nowhere I could increase it much more. Anyway, I digress.
There is a line in the manual that is intriguing: "If You want to limit CPU, you have to limit program – that means limit tail ( in NEBULA go to KERN page > change FREQ D parameter and click SAVE) or limit kernels (KERN page > KERNELS parameter change from „0 Max” to „1 Clean” or „2 <1st>” )."
I've experimented with the kernel parameter and the tail and it doesn't make much difference.
I've tried using the project in 44.1khz and 96khz and still the tail is the same.
I wander if more of my parameters are being limited like the L freqd was in the beginning.
Any advice for a beginner would be very well received. Thanks.
georgerarnold@hotmail.com
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mathias » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:05 am

set the dsp buffer on mastpage to the highest number, press save in the upper line in mastpage.
reload the nebulaplugin and go to mastpage again. set rateconvert and lfreqd to maximum. save and reload.

then try again with the vnxt plate program.
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jfjer379@gmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:53 am

haven't seen this thread before but very interesting reading this , very useful to know what to change so i don't mess up my nebula hehe :D
i7 5820k • RME • Reaper64 • Win7 64 Pro • Amethyst • Coral • Emerald • Honey • Ivory • LIME • Navy • Pearl • Pink • Pink Comp Bundle • Sand • White2 • Nebula3 Server
jfjer379@gmail.com
Expert
Expert

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 am

mathias wrote:set the dsp buffer on mastpage to the highest number, press save in the upper line in mastpage.
reload the nebulaplugin and go to mastpage again. set rateconvert and lfreqd to maximum. save and reload.

then try again with the vnxt plate program.

Thanks for your help. I had already done what you suggested. I'm fairly certain it's not sounding as it should. The 5 second tail is nowhere near 5 seconds. I will continue to experiment and report back if I find the answer but for now I'm upset that I've spent my money on this.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby wagz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:44 am

Are you the same George that did "The Golden Rule"? If so, I have liked your artistry for years.

Don't stress too much about this Nebula stuff.
There is probably one itsy bitsy parameter you need to tweek to get those reverb settings going. After that, the VNXT sounds great. Take a break. Relax and come back to it after a while. I forgot what I had to tweak to get the VNXT libraries performing correctly, but I think that I did what was suggested here.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 am

wagz wrote:Are you the same George that did "The Golden Rule"? If so, I have liked your artistry for years.

Don't stress too much about this Nebula stuff.
There is probably one itsy bitsy parameter you need to tweek to get those reverb settings going. After that, the VNXT sounds great. Take a break. Relax and come back to it after a while. I forgot what I had to tweak to get the VNXT libraries performing correctly, but I think that I did what was suggested here.

Haha yes that's me! You must be my only fan! I'm assuming that there's something I'm missing that I'll stumble across sooner or later.
User Level II
User Level II

Postby wagz » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:15 pm

georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:Haha yes that's me! You must be my only fan! I'm assuming that there's something I'm missing that I'll stumble across sooner or later.

Interesting! The VNXT verbs are very nice. I think that you'll like them. They are very flavorful, IMO.

You also may want to try Tim Petherick's Large Tea Room http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/large-tea-room/and and the Room Hunters Theater of Life programs http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=28046&rb_v=viewtopic. I think that you can make good use of those verbs in your tunes. They are room verbs, instead of plates or springs.
wagz
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby georgerarnold@hotmail.com » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:33 pm

wagz wrote:
georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:Haha yes that's me! You must be my only fan! I'm assuming that there's something I'm missing that I'll stumble across sooner or later.

Interesting! The VNXT verbs are very nice. I think that you'll like them. They are very flavorful, IMO.

You also may want to try Tim Petherick's Large Tea Room http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/large-tea-room/and and the Room Hunters Theater of Life programs http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/index.php?f=13&t=28046&rb_v=viewtopic. I think that you can make good use of those verbs in your tunes. They are room verbs, instead of plates or springs.

Thanks. I'm not going to get any more libraries until I can fix this vnxt. I've heard how good it is, which makes it more frustrating that I can't get it right.
I've got a new album recorded which I've had for almost a year, I just need to do the singing but I just never have the time. I plan to finish it in feb if you'd like to listen. Hopefully there'll be a nice 140 plate all over it!
User Level II
User Level II

Postby SteDal » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:51 pm

georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:
Thanks. I'm not going to get any more libraries until I can fix this vnxt. I've heard how good it is, which makes it more frustrating that I can't get it right.
I've got a new album recorded which I've had for almost a year, I just need to do the singing but I just never have the time. I plan to finish it in feb if you'd like to listen. Hopefully there'll be a nice 140 plate all over it!

Another suggestion: press KERN on the main page, select the first value you see below FREQD: and set it long enough for the reverb tail (mSec). You can change the value with second knob.

I hope it works for you...
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.29
SteDal
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SteDal » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:53 pm

georgerarnold@hotmail.com wrote:

Another suggestion: press KERN on the main page, select the first value you see below FREQD: and set it long enough for the reverb tail (mSec). You can change the value with the second knob.

I hope this will work for you...
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.29
SteDal
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries