Login

VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: VNXT EMT Sound Bad?....

Postby odd » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:36 pm

This was the most relevant thread about the VNXT EMT140 I could find by searching here.

Please let me get it straight: by increasing LFREQD and RATECNV to maximum (full slider range), all is taken care of even when working at 44.1KHz? x

However, I still can't use it on a send without a significant initial delay. I'm using Live 7; automatic delay compensation makes no difference.

Takes forever to load too.

And why are there two FX sliders? The second doesn't seem to do anything.

But it's for sure one of the best reverbs I've heard.
odd
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby nextaz » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 am

hello

1. Read PDF documentation
2. Use "Nebula Reverb"
3. Update Nebula if needed

What computer? Problems in Live only?
Please contact with me directly vnxtmail@gmail.com

This program is very heavy for CPU - i know - thats why i offer free demo of regular program with clear PDF about that.

However everything is because of quality - the best what we can have - and probably best in ITB...
Vintage analog reverbs like plate and spring are really hard to digitalize but nebula is really close :)

I will do more testing so maybe there will be some progress with CPU problem (and update) in future but dont know when...

I also highly suggest CUDA for reverbs if You have nvidia card.

Ahh and second FX slider is for distortion kernels - i suggest dont touch this at all.

nextaz
nextaz
User Level II
User Level II

Postby rrrobo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 am

i have 2 nebula reverbs, one with dsp buffer 1024 and the other about 8192. you need the big buffer to use stuff at 96k but you get the extra latency. you change this setting in the xml file, its mentioned in the forums

Just for information, with the latest version of Nebula you can now change DSP buffer directly in the interface, no need to do it through the XML any more. Maximum is 8192.

Cheers
rrrobo
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Mercado_Negro » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 am

IIRC there are problems with buses and automatic delay compensation in Live. I recently read a long thread in KvR where people talked about this (can't find a link right now). This happens in Logic and Live, as far as I know from that thread.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby tumburu » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:22 am

Yes, Nebula is not compensated on busses in Logic.
tumburu
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Nooorway » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:40 am

tumburu wrote:Yes, Nebula is not compensated on busses in Logic.

I this true for the au version in Logic 9? I thought Apple had fixed this problem after version 8, or is this a Nebula problem?
Nooorway
User Level II
User Level II

Postby enriquesilveti » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

L FREQD: This parameter defines the upper bound limit for the FREQD length. It is expressed in seconds. This parameter is used for optimizing the CPU load of slow systems.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic

L FREQD < Emulation preset Reverb Tail -> Reverb Tail will be truncated = sound bad.

If you want a gate FX reduce H1 FREQD value in KERN page. If you want less tail FX use H1 fade settings in KERN page.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby burnsound » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Nooorway wrote:
tumburu wrote:Yes, Nebula is not compensated on busses in Logic.

I this true for the au version in Logic 9? I thought Apple had fixed this problem after version 8, or is this a Nebula problem?

Nebula is compensated in Logic 9 on the busses. For me, at least.
burnsound
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby elam » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 am

VNXT EMT Sound Bad?.... I got the same experience as most of the users about 44/96 (Nextaz your products are GREAT it's not about the quality at all here it's just technical)

I don't wanna start a new thread but :
With the Psr-202 and RE-501 I had/have some problem(my 1st problem ever with a Neb.program not loading correctly) it's strange ...
The EMT always loaded well, but the 2 programs mentioned above don't.
I created a new "reverb .dll" with Zabukovsky utility in order to tweak it without worrying loosing my previous settings.

Whatever.The only way to use them for me is to never pass above the 1s with the L FREQD (as the user Studiorecording mentioned it) with a RATE CNV of 9000ms.

Last thing :
I have to turn them in Mono-L in the KERN menu???!!!
I realized that graphically in Reaper 32 when I saw the meter pushing way more on the left side ???!!!!
In this mode (Mono-L) the verb seems to be narrower too (but balanced)...

Conclusion : I tweaked them a lot in order to make them work (again not the EMT) but I think I'm loosing of the "character' of them (ie: wideness and tail size).

Does anyone try them and have similar issues/solutions ?

Btw: I really like the PSR-202!(if I ear it as it's supposed to be!!!!.Oh and I'm Reaper 32/Neb 32/quad core/3gig of RAM here.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby nextaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:42 pm

I think i will do psr202 and re501 PRO - one again with new NAT and MYTEK converters - to make them works like really good VNXT reverb:)

nextaz
nextaz
User Level II
User Level II

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries