Login

GMD is absolutely brilliant

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

GMD is absolutely brilliant

Postby prosodio » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Best compressor I´ve tried in software world, no question. Tried it with a lot of sources and always amazed me. For mastering I´ve tried a complete pass throug German Mastering Console: input+output+GMD and then though my real hardware rig and the sound was unbelivable!!!

Great stuff Alex!!!

Thanks!!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Re: GMD is absolutely brilliant

Postby faun2500 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Good feedback, whats the sound like? Punchy/snappy, smooth, bright, dark etc...
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby prosodio » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Well, I belive it´s designed to add some body and that "magic" to a mix. But as always the best use comes when we break the rules, I tried in limiter mode doing parallel drums compression and it glued really nice, good snap (not a 1176), I could use it in a rock record without problems!!! In mastering it keep the mix 3d but adds a little body and weight to the tracks. For me it sounds and react as a real hard comp...

Greetings!!
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby faun2500 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 am

Nice one.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Return to 3rd party libraries