Login

VTM-m2

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

VTM-m2

Postby void » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:08 pm

Im considerung buying this to use with r2r and TB+ and CLC.I render tracks for obvious reasons, but noticing that VTM isnt a actual nebula program but a VST plug in, I cannot add it to my nebuale rendering chain I use on all tracks.

I could use it on every channel seeing after rendering I have plent of CPU, but that means it dosent sit in the correct position I want it in the chain. For eg

At the moment

CLC IM
R2R
TB+
CLC line input

Ideally you would want

CLC IM
R2R
TB+
VTM-M2
CLC line input.

Cant do this though as I presume you cant render the VTM using nebulaman or whatever rendering program, so the chain looks like

CLC IM
R2R
TB+
CLC Line input
VTM.

I cant think of a way around this. Is there anything signficant in having the VTM after the last console program instead of before it? I tend to think it really should be used before the console input to work as designed in conjunction with R2R and TB+. Thoughts?
void
User Level I
User Level I

Re: VTM-m2

Postby richie43 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:37 pm

The only way I can see for you to do it is to batch render everything up until VTM, render the individual tracks inside the DAW with VTM, and then batch render your final console Nebula instance. That sounds extremely laborious though. I use Reaper, which has it's own awesome batch render function, so I use that instead of Nebulaman. In Reaper you can use any VST in any order, so I don't have that problem. What DAW are you using? But for realism, you do want that last console input to be last.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby piperboy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I would try the demo and/or shoot an email to cdsoundmaster. It is my understanding that you have the correct order of placement on paper but it can be used in sometimes surprisingly good ways outside of what you would expect.
The vtmm2 allows you to take that desirable 3rd stage of tape compression and apply that aspect of what we love about tape to anything. To me it isn't the color of the tape but the behavior- and therefore this plug will allow you to achieve something in a way far surpassing any other plug I have ever tried.
Back to my short answer,hehe, try the demo. It will tell you what my post is failing to. ;)
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:47 pm

piperboy wrote:I would try the demo and/or shoot an email to cdsoundmaster. It is my understanding that you have the correct order of placement on paper but it can be used in sometimes surprisingly good ways outside of what you would expect.
The vtmm2 allows you to take that desirable 3rd stage of tape compression and apply that aspect of what we love about tape to anything. To me it isn't the color of the tape but the behavior- and therefore this plug will allow you to achieve something in a way far surpassing any other plug I have ever tried.
Back to my short answer,hehe, try the demo. It will tell you what my post is failing to. ;)

That too^ :roll:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby void » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:54 am

richie43 wrote:The only way I can see for you to do it is to batch render everything up until VTM, render the individual tracks inside the DAW with VTM, and then batch render your final console Nebula instance. That sounds extremely laborious though. I use Reaper, which has it's own awesome batch render function, so I use that instead of Nebulaman. In Reaper you can use any VST in any order, so I don't have that problem. What DAW are you using? But for realism, you do want that last console input to be last.

Im using pro tools which is a complete pain in the arse compared to other DAW's when it comes to bouncing tracks. As the other poster suggested it looks like I will have to render up until VTM, then add VTM, render again, add last console imput, and render...again!! Lol, oh well, im after real world scenario's so I dont think I have a choice :)
void
User Level I
User Level I

Postby surbitone » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm

You could use Reaper just for the batch-processing stage. That would solve the problems you mentioned in their entirity :)
surbitone
User Level V
User Level V

Return to 3rd party libraries