"BXQ Baxandall Equalizer" - CDSoundMaster !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

"BXQ Baxandall Equalizer" - CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 am

CDSoundMaster is pleased to announce our newest release for NebulaPro:
The "BXQ Baxandall Equalizer" !!!

This modern analog equalizer is one of the finest examples of the Baxandall High/Low curve, and we are pleased to bring it to NebulaPro.

This "BXQ" has two fixed low frequency points and two fixed high frequency points, with an almost limitless extension to lows and highs. It is an active design with completely separate amplification for each eq band, and provides a unique character perfect for mixing and for mastering.

We've also created additional programs that do not exist in analog form, including an inverse mid-range equalizer using the same combination of curves, and a mastering-version with a nearly ruler-flat response from 20Hz up past 36kHz!

Please visit the following link:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-softw ... Q-Neb.html

Returning customers, please check your email for your special discount. If you haven't received it, please email me.

God Bless You,
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: "BXQ Baxandall Equalizer" - CDSoundMaster !!!

Postby richie43 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 am

I had the honor of testing this before the final release a few days ago and need to say that this is a very gorgeous sounding library. When I was using it I hadn't even seen the manual (he was working on it!) so I wasn't even sure what the preset names were supposed to mean, so I just used my ears and used it. It didn't take long to figure out what was what and I ended up using it all over some mixing and mastering of some jazz standard remakes. This eq is awesome. I was able to really push it, and boost quite a bit, and it just stayed nice sounding. Get this one!!!
Forgot to add: Check out the PDF (or HTML) manual. There is a very cool wide Q midrange eq in there to which CDSM basically "invented" by inverting the actual WQ curve and re-editing in Nebula to make a mid EQ that doesn't exist in the hardware, but it has all of the qualities of the hardware. How cool is that? Very cool, that's how cool! The mid EQ sounds great. That is one that I used "blindly" before I had the manual, and loved it anyway. It sounds amazing. And before anyone says that I am biased since I tested it, I only test stuff from devs who make presets that I buy already, and I never ever lie to promote them. This preset library is as good or better than any of the other CDSM EQ's. And I love everything Michael has ever released. I have noticed that as the different devs get more and more familiar with the tools, and the Nebula technology gets more and more advanced, people like Michael Angel are releasing libraries that are mind blowing, at least to my ears.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dacaveprods » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:10 am

Beautiful,Beautiful Eq!!!GREAT JOB Micheal!

Postby vicnestE » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 am

Cool, I was reading blogs by Michael about EQs and the release notice jumped out.

Will there be a part 3 of that blog??
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 am

Hey Michael,

Congrats on this release brother. :D . Downloaded, loaded, loved it ( as usual )

Your libraries have helped me get a better ear and also taught me to do some research. Baxandall? Never heard of it until you released this monster but a quick google and all was explained. God bless and great job.

EDIT. Just loaded and used the mastering setting on an old ABBA reference release and it was just amazing. The two bands work together on that program - low and high. This is a must have for those sitting on the fence and need an interesting mix and mastering eq. Stunning unfatiguing high end. Cannot think of enough superlatives, it's that good.
Henry Olonga

Postby rrrobo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Yep, agree with everything said. Well done Michael. This is another really great and different EQ! It keeps astounding me that analogue EQs can have such unique character. I think this is why Michael doesn't tire of sampling EQs as there is so much flavour to be had. Agree also about the technique/quality of process improving bit by bit so we now have (and have had for a while) absolutely pristine audiophile captures of these great pieces of hardware. I've said it before but these sound real to me - real as in the complex resonance/reverberation of an acoustic guitar. I hope that makes sense. Perhaps that's what people mean by 'musical'. This is real EQ where the effect is totally enhancing, not distracting from the source at all, and if you didn't know it had been EQed you probably wouldn't know!
Love the 50 and 100Hz on this, it is a monster.
User Level V
User Level V

Postby edbilleaud » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Great timing, I had been looking at the hardware, a very, very nice unit, but couldn't justify the expense. Bingo, CDSM and Nebula to the rescue.
many thanks for an excellent release.
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby entrainer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Don't sleep forum readers...

This is a secret weapon ya'll.

A Dangerous EQ ; )
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby piperboy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 pm

Stunning in the utmost sense of the word. I would now include this thing in one of the "must haves". :D
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby mr.tele » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 am

Must... have... Arrrgggghhh! Have to wait till I get paid. :(
User Level X
User Level X

Return to 3rd party libraries