Login

Cupwise release- YouRei HP/LP filters

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release- YouRei HP/LP filters

Postby Barendse » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:09 am

Lite version would be great! Is there a way I can make them lite myself?
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Cupwise » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:45 am

nah. as far as i know i don't think a user can remove dynamics.

but i decided on a whim to actually look into this stuff right now, WHILE sampling the notch. it might end up being easier than i thought, and so maybe a few simple patches might give me 'stepped' mode. i know it wouldn't be difficult for me to remove dynamics.

so i'm going to start looking into releasing a few additional versions without dynamics and with stepped mode. i'll release when it's done. i'll give different combos of this stuff like 'stepped without dynamics' 'interpolated without dynamics'. etc
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:13 pm

cool :D

i am sure it will be high on the list, but don't forget 'stepped with dynamics'
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 pm

ha, weird. it turned out that taking away the dynamics was way more of a pain than getting 'stepped' behavior. anyway, i should have this update available in a couple of days, i want to have time to test everything and make sure it's ok before release. there will be all different combos of stepped with and without dynamics. i love my new SSD... it's so cool that i can be doing things on it, and lightning fast, while sampling stuff onto another drive on the same computer and not worry about it...
and get stuff done faster :)
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:30 am

i've uploaded the extra non-dynamic and stepped versions.
unfortunately, the combo program couldn't be made with either. it totally slipped my mind, but i did a little voodoo with that one because of it's high sample count, and what i did with it means i can't patch it. the same is true for the LP solo 10k program. everything else has every combination of stepped or interpolated and dynamic or non-dynamic. i'm emailing a link to everyone who has bought the set, and anyone who buys from now on will have that extra stuff.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:00 pm

THANKS! i am downloading them now :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mr.tele » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Waiting for the email link!
mr.tele
User Level X
User Level X

Postby david1103 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:00 pm

ok, my report back.

brilliant! this is what i was hoping for. i must say that the program "HP 1k dynamic step" is a bit of a revolution. the only clean/19 stepped dynamic HP filter in the world of nebula! this is the perfect HP filter for every track :) if you flip between these three versions of the HP:

HP 1k no dynamic = clean, but 2d, flat. no cpu use.
HP 1k dynamic = wow. clean, but full of life and 3d. perfect for any source you don't want changing. its like nebula magic without adding any colour!
HP 10k Dynamic - as 1k dynamic but with all the added weight, grit, tone of the hardware. going to totally kick arse on many tracks, and best off for others.

my only disappointment is finding:

10k dynamic step = 7 steps
5k dynamic step = 7 steps
1k dynamic step = 19 steps

is it not possible to have 19 steps on the 10k dynamic HP programs too? in an ideal setup i would start the mix with 1k dynamic step on every channel, then at end try each with 10k dynamic step to see if it fits, then flip them all to TIMED kernal and mixdown... perfect! as it is, with no 19 stepped 10k matching it to the 1k will be not perfect.

anyway, THANKS so much for going to all this extra bother. this is amazing value for the very best in the box HP/LP filter ever. every mixer needs a HP on most tracks, and i seriously think you just made the ultimate in-the-box HP mix filter with the 1k dynamic stepped :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Cupwise » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:39 pm

hmm.. i just checked and it looks to me like the same number of steps for all the different kernel versions. looks like it's always around 20.

what sample rate version are you using/seeing this with?

anyone else seeing this same result?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 am

i have both sample rates and it is the same with both.

i am using a PC Nebula Pro 1.3.504

-----
450 -HP 10k, dyn, step = steps are 30,60,100,140,170,200,250 (7 total)

---
432 - HP 10k, dyn, step = same

very strange! i hope the mystery can be solved.

while i am here, the stereo enhancement is excellent as well. i must say it should also be used on a case by case basis, for example it was no good on a bassline i was just trying. go to KERN and flip MONO-L to switch it off, which becomes STEREO which you flip again to get the stereo effect back
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries