Login

T*****t A Range EQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

T*****t A Range EQ

Postby mitch » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 am

Hi,
does someone know if the legendary T*****t A range Eq is available on Nebula?

I know Michaël from CDS made a library of the console, but it does not seem to include the EQ.

So any ideas about that?
I'd love to hear it in my studio :D

Regards,
Mitch
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Re: T*****t A Range EQ

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 am

Yeah me too :D looked for this one before .

just having a awesome mixing session with nebula , just remembered how good the beast is . But always gets frustrating when i run out of cpu! i hate rendering.

I need a Nebula gate . Algo gates sound rubbish
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:21 pm

mitch wrote:Hi,
does someone know if the legendary T*****t A range Eq is available on Nebula?

I know Michaël from CDS made a library of the console, but it does not seem to include the EQ.

So any ideas about that?
I'd love to hear it in my studio :D

Regards,
Mitch

hi mitch. just one correction: michael's T*****t console is an 80 B, not the a range. i LOVE the 80B and use it often. i've personally encouraged michael to add the console eq to the library in the future if possible. we'll see!

far as i know, there isn't an a-range available for nebula currently.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:26 pm

I've been looking into the best choice for this for a long time. Lots of challenges here-
I believe 2 years ago there were 5 of the original 13 "A"'s left in operation. One of these closed their doors and either sold the console or pieced it out.
Their was a decent MTA from Toft and an even better one with Sowters designed closer to the original zzut xfo's, and there is an even newer 2 channel example. From the originals in operation, they are still considered the best sounding consoles in the history of consoles, but no two channels are the same.

I still personally think the Daking with its Jensen xfo is probably the best example of a brand new "A", but with a cleaner personality when driven bc of the Jensen. I personally think the original 80b holds some benefits as software over the "A" where the "A" is unquestionably the best board for tracking that was ever made. Once you get beyond the 13 "A"s, I think N**e, Quad,A*I and many others all share equal footing at 99% the wonderful sound.
There may be a good "A" solution to Neb some day, but in the meantime I'm working on some other rare gems that shouldn't disappoint. Hopefully something to announce in 2 weeks. I'll have some new info. coming one way or another :-)
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mitch » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you for your replys, Swang and Michael.
If there are only 13 original A range consoles left, that is a real collector piece of gear!!!
I believe one of them was the one Butch Vig used to track Nevermind, right?

While an original A range eq Nebula library would be huge, if the new re-issue hardware by T*****t was sampled, I wouldn't complain, it seems very well made ;)

I thought about trying this eq, because I read a long thread at GS where the re-issue of an A range preamp-eq
by T*****t has been debated in all the purist details.

So it seems to be a beutifull eq, and your statement that it has been the best tracking console ever does add even more interest around that machine :D

Anyway, I'm really interrested about what excellent product is comming the next weeks from CDS.

Best regards,
Mitch
mitch
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:27 am

Yeah , plus those early lenny kravitz albums produced by henry hirsh were made on the A range. He later went to the helios, why?
I thought nevermind was tracked on N**e?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby mitch » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 am

Watch this, it is an A range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErcJ2kUC4Wg
:)

It was at Studio Madison
http://www.smartgeeks.com/

Regards,
Mitch
mitch