Login

AlexB - Vintage Sinth Filters

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Vintage Sinth Filters

Postby vicnestE » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 am

marcpinol wrote:
vicnestE wrote:Automation recorded with nebula.dll under 256 samples latency.
I'm sure if you link the two sliders to a midi controller, you could do a lot better than me.

WOW! That's what I wanted to listen. Sounds really smooth, actually... More than I was expecting!

How it reacts with less radical tweakings?

Unless you link it to a midi controller, finer tweak is kind of hard using nebula slider.
Of course you could always edit the envelope.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9609516/alexB%2 ... 204416.wav

Synth no effect and then Reaper automated LFO for the band pass filter in smaller range.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby scooter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:37 am

That SKIN is awesome, by the way!
-Scott
scooter

Postby elam » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 am

The skin has been here forever.Thanks BLUESMAN if I remember well.

Good job Alessandro.Waiting for the Moog.Good luck.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby faun2500 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 am

This is a library I am interested in. Its a shame the demo isn't continuous as I only ever automate filters but I will give the demo a try.

Anyone with the library confirm that a smooth (step-less/glitch-less) sweep is possible?

Thanks.
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 am

faun2500 wrote:This is a library I am interested in. Its a shame the demo isn't continuous as I only ever automate filters but I will give the demo a try.

Anyone with the library confirm that a smooth (step-less/glitch-less) sweep is possible?

Thanks.

You may listen to my two audio demos in page 1 and 2. In real time, small audio clips could happen for fast slider position change. But the rendered one seems fine.

It's smooth enough for me when doing slower frequency sweep on HPF or LPF with high resonance.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby david1103 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 pm

looks interesting!!

alex, are these sampled native at 44.1 and 96 or resampled down to 44.1 by something like SoX SRC?

i must say all previous nebula sweeping analogue filters have sucked. if you looked at them in a analyser the response has deformed all over the place as you swept around. can anyone confirm these don't do that?

i would love to try the pre-amps on top of the DIVA emulations to see if it takes them to the next level :)

please more demos and feedback... having the demo stepped was a funny move as most people will want to try them sweeping... that's what analogue fun is all about :D i look forward to checking out the stepped demo anyway when i return to my music pc.

**EDIT i went ahead and bought the moog filter anyway. been playing with it a while and i changed my mind, i would REALLY like a stepped version of it with all the frequencies! Not digging the sweeping sound, but great for fixed frequency use.

how come the pre-amp makes everything louder? it makes it impossible to compare the results of it on and off. was that a mistake or is there a reason it has to boost the volume?

best use so far is with overdriving the actual filter (not preamp). you can get MUCH more distortion here. Its all there in the free demo of the moog filter, just turn the drive all the way up on a bass line with the filter freq as far up as possible.. wow :)

big request going out for a version of the program file that is stepped! :D
david1103
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby AlexB » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

david1103 wrote:...
how come the pre-amp makes everything louder? it makes it impossible to compare the results of it on and off. was that a mistake or is there a reason it has to boost the volume?

No, probably you enter with too high level. The line amp is fantastic to give reality and analog vibe at any VSTi.
It is at unity gain with 0dBVU at -18dBfs as usual and it reacts dynamically at the input signal, as user manual says. The filter in Nebula is not dynamic so you can't overdrive it, you can use the "drive" to add fake hamonics but it wouldn't be the same like in the hardware.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Henry Olonga » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Nice one Alex.

Buying this right now. One can never have run out of filter thingys.

Great release and variety.

Best wishes

Henry
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby CoolColJ » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 pm

I bought the whole package recently. I own some real analog synths and used to have a MiniMoog.

I mostly got them to run some softsynths and digitals through them for the colour and tone. Also make my Alesis Andromeda (a real analog) even more MiniMoog like, even if it does have chip versions of the Moog Modular oscillators, filters and signal path :)

edit - I had to change the output levels of the line amp programs - too loud!
And resave them.

---

One thing AlexB - I dug into the Nebula menus and it seems to have envelope followers, LFOs, and envelopes so how do I use them to modulate the cutoff of these filter programs?
Nothing seems obvious in Nebula - I tried but can't make head or tail of anything here.... :?

If the envelope follower in Nebula works as I expect it to - it would be like a wah or dedicated hardware filter box, reacting to the signal level, and controlling the filter cutoff from it. Just the thing to smooth out the top end of softsynths in a dynamic fashion
CoolColJ
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby javahut » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 am

Anyone have any idea what synth exactly the TSY filters are based on? Just curious. Thanks.
downtempo.dub.psychedlic.twang
Canartic - Modulotion
javahut
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries