Login

OwnHammer.com - Multiple New Products, News, and Updates!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

OwnHammer.com - Multiple New Products, News, and Updates!

Postby ownhammer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

Now on the site are 8 new products!

1) 412-GTR Mills V31

The mighty Mills cabinet paired with Celestion V30 #1. This library boasts many new and exciting features including:

- New sampling methodology that decreases some unnecessary 7-12 kHz information and increases fullness, clarity, and depth.
- 5 all new "Secret Stash" positions which, similar to the Mix-n-Match offerings, combine a dynamic, condenser, and ribbon microphone, the latter of which was introduced to me by a generous lend from Jordan Hirsch, award winning film composer and video game soundtrack designer from NYC, Axe-Fx owner, and OwnHammer IR user! All of the underlying mics are new and previously unreleased.
- "Fat" versions of every IR offered. These were initially intended to smooth and thicken things for FRFR live playing, but listening tests proved they can be equally as well suited in the recording domain.

Links to the product pages are:

WAV
http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=54

NEB
http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=55

Sound samples are linked at the bottom of each page.

Please venture down to the Updates portion of this email to find out some additional inclusions to the WAV and NEB libraries that are now an inherent part of all WAV and NEB Speaker Cabinet offerings.

2) Outboard - Fire Lizard Filters

A new product category, these are samples of the EQ and Saturation sections of a modern Swiss Army Knife compressor. For more information, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=56

3) Power Amp - Egg Twister 6L6

Another new product category, these are samples of a modern mini amp head's power section fitted with 6L6 tubes. For more information, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=61

4) Power Amp - Egg Twister 6V6

Same amp and power section as above, but loaded with 6V6 tubes. For more information, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=62

5) Power Amp - Egg Twister KT77

Same amp and power section as above, but loaded with KT77 tubes. For more information, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=63

6) Power Amp - Frame Snake EL34

Samples taken from a modern high gain amp head's power section fitted with EL34 tubes. For more, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=58

7) Power Amp - Frame Snake KT77

Same amp and power section as above, but loaded with KT77 tubes. For more, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=59

8) Power Amp - IncendoSphere 6L6

Samples taken from a modern high gain amp head's power section fitted with 6L6 tubes. For more information, see the product page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/store/index.ph ... ucts_id=60

Now onto more news and updates!

1) Now on the site is a conversion tool, Axe-O-Matic, which is capable of converting between wave audio, Axe-Fx sysex, and Axe-Fx II formats freely, with the added bonus of being able to alter the internal display name of the Axe-Fx II IR's. This tool has been generously developed by Lynn Oliver, or LMO as some of you may know from the Fractal Audio and The Gear Page forums, and is available as a free download on the OwnHammer.com website. For more information, screenshot usage tutorials, and download links, please see the Axe-O-Matic page at:

http://www.ownhammer.com/axe-o-matic

Versions for Windows 32 and 64 bit as well as Mac operating systems provided!

2) With the introduction of Axe-O-Matic, AX1 and AX2 libraries have been discontinued as sales formats as they have become unnecessary and redundant.

The minimum phase IR's that lie within have been implemented into both WAV and NEB packages in a folder called 'Truncated' under the 'Wav' directory. From here you can use Axe-O-Matic to convert to G1 or G2 sysex, and do so with the minimum phase version of the files - coherently mixable with stock Axe-Fx and Axe-Fx II cabs. Again, these are now included in all WAV and NEB packages.

Previous purchases of AX1 and AX2 libraries will always be supported, and now include the truncated wave versions of those files in the zips and available for you to re-download.

To retrieve these updates, log into your account in the store section and pick them up from your previous orders. NEB users only need to download the 'Part-1-of-3.zip'.

3) Now included in all WAV packages are 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz IR's. To grab updates to previous libraries, again just re-download them from your account.

4) The following frequency discount tiers have been added:

Spend $250.00 or more, get 50% off
Spend $500.00 or more, get 75% off
Spend $1,000.00 or more, get 100% off

This is for you 'collect them all' folks!

5) All of the new libraries released today and all future Nebula format releases now utilize Micro Kernels, which greatly reduces the filesize footprint and CPU usage of the Nebula vectors.

That's all for now, stay tuned for the next release announcement where there will be EVEN MORE new categories and surprise products announced!

All the best,
Kevin
OwnHammer.com
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Re: OwnHammer.com - Multiple New Products, News, and Updates!

Postby elam » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Wow you didn't sleep !

Good newSSSSSS.

ownhammer wrote:All of the new libraries released today and all future Nebula format releases now utilize Micro Kernels, which greatly reduces the filesize footprint and CPU usage of the Nebula vectors.

Pioneer ! That even better!

Thanks for all that hard work! Will definitly check all that out.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:45 pm

5 Micro kernels for poweramp.
I thought it takes more kernels to model a poweramp than preamp.
96KHz is way more better due to sound interface filter. 96KHz cab would be cool and more real due to the air picked up by cab act more naturally under 96KHz.

Can't resist the poweramps :) Thank you for sampling them. Test later.

What do we lose when we use micro kernels??
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Wow you didn't sleep !

Not for the last 18 months, and I definitely will not be able to weather it much longer. :P

Thanks for all that hard work! Will definitly check all that out.

Awesome, thanks!

I thought it takes more kernels to model a poweramp than preamp.

I would approach these more as additional tools in a tool box, more colors to paint with, etc. I actually really love what the 'Egg Twister' and 'IncendoSphere' programs do when placed after an amp sim. In real life, you wouldn't power amp a power amp, but with all intents and purposes of these programs, it works. The 'Frame Snake' ones are different, I'd expect those to be more suitable for use with an actual tube guitar preamp, as they cut the low end rather heavily. The others are just nice and juicy when dialed right. Which leads me to another thing I should note. The default settings when loading up the programs is what I personally liked best when placing them after the amp sim and before the cab, not necessarily what is the 0 value for the faders. Food for thought, use this as a tone enhancer, not necessarily in lieu of using an algorithmic or physical power amp.

96KHz is way more better due to sound interface filter. 96KHz cab would be cool and more real due to the air picked up by cab act more naturally under 96KHz.

I'll respond to this with a quote and a winky face:

That's all for now, stay tuned for the next release announcement where there will be EVEN MORE new categories and surprise products announced!

;)

Thank you for sampling them.

Quite welcome!

What do we lose when we use micro kernels??

Mosly CPU overhead loss, and depending on what is being sampled, minimal to negligible fidelity loss. When I was testing this I loaded up I believe 30 instances of Nebula and monitored the process's CPU usage. With Micro Kernels, using the exact same session setup resulted in almost halving the processor load and file size dropped to between 20-25% of the original vector size. :o :D
Last edited by ownhammer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby vicnestE » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 pm

The nebula poweramp+ nebula cab by ownHammer sounds great.

Less EQ needed for ownHammer cabs with the poweramp curves. In fact there's no much poweramp curves exist in IR world either, so Nebula poweramp is really blessing :)

But in my Nebula3CoreII64.dll, the two pweramps I bought shows "KRN: 3". From the website it's 5 micro kernels. I wonder why the display
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby vicnestE » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 pm

How does "Fire Lizard Filters" sound on guitars??

It would be more accurate as a guitar chain if you connected the Poweramp + loader and then into your nebula cab programs for the poweramp settings.

With a low shelf EQ after Poulin's LeCto and then into Frame Shake EL34 + Mesa cab, the sound reminds me the Fat Recto on my Mesa Boogie Triaxis. Thanks for the tips.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby ownhammer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

But in my Nebula3CoreII64.dll, the two pweramps I bought shows "KRN: 3". From the website it's 5 micro kernels. I wonder why the display

Will look into this...

How does "Fire Lizard Filters" sound on guitars??

I like the Saturation in what is its default setting configuration, but it's subtle. In my testing, it removed a little bit of upper high end and fattened things up a little, but again, nothing drastic.

The EQ portion, the lows are way too low (peak is around 45 to 50 Hz) to be noticeable, mids do a LOT if you need them (I mean seriously, a LOT), and the highs seem more suited for drums or vocals than distorted guitar in my opinion. Clean guitar, possibly better depending on if you need it. All in all, for guitar it's certainly not bad, but nothing precision tuned for this application unless you need to add midrange to your tones or want to get the subtly pleasing result the Saturation part has. The compressor was made by a company specializing mostly in drum applications, and from the documentation seems as though they mostly geared it towards drums, bass, and vocals primarily.

It would be more accurate as a guitar chain if you connected the Poweramp + loader and then into your nebula cab programs for the poweramp settings.

I'm not entirely following this one, not sure I'm being prompted for a response though?

With a low shelf EQ after Poulin's LeCto and then into Frame Shake EL34 + Mesa cab, the sound reminds me the Fat Recto on my Mesa Boogie Triaxis.

I can see that working out great. While the Frame Snake certainly chops the low end, it has a very 'tubey' character inherent to it. If you compensate for the lack of low end by supplying a healthy amount prior to it, I could see it being much, much more useful than without. Great feedback!

Thanks for the tips.

Welcome! :)
Last edited by ownhammer on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ownhammer
User Level V
User Level V

Postby vicnestE » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 am

"412-GTR Mills V31" sounds so solid, less sharp while maintain pretty musical treble.

My new goto cab program!! 8-)
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby MOjO_FET » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Could anybody please post clips with (and without) the poweramps?

Michael
MOjO_FET
User Level V
User Level V

Postby vicnestE » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:23 am

Mid gain clean tone using Lepou's LeXTAC.
Poweramp warms up the sound.
The dynamics is improved by EggTwist 6L6 dyn poweramp.
Attachments
CleanWithoutEggTwist 6L6 Dyn.wav
Clean Without Poweramp
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
CleanWithEggTwist 6L6 Dyn.wav
Clean With Poweramp
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 136 times
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries