Login

OK Can Nebula3 Null In A Test?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: OK Can Nebula3 Null In A Test?

Postby domandroland » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am

I've been laughed out of the room many times when i say daw bounces don't match the original track with live nebulas or other plug ins.... the last test i did was an old breakbeat brightened and re mastered with three nebula alex b 1073's. Having done a blind a/b test with a friend i could pick the bounce 9 times out of ten.... I seem to remember they nulled completely. I like the sound of Giancarlo's look at the numbers test, i might try it next time i can be bothered, just so i can rub the results in the faces of all the people that say nulls mean it's identical. And yes i am one of those crazy people that thinks logic cubase ableton and reaper all sound different!
---
www.domandroland.com
New singles with Noisia and Amon Tobin out soon.
domandroland
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Cupwise » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 am

if there *were* a daw that somehow sounded a little better, i would be more suspicious of THAT daw, and wonder what it is doing to sound, that i didn't specifically ask it to do.
i think that unless there is something terribly wrong in the coding, daws are going to be indistinguishable to pretty much anyone's ear.
ever notice how people who rave about certain things like 1000$ audio/speaker cables, never participate in double blind tests?
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:26 am

Since Hans Zimmer said he could tell a mix exported from Logic because it sounds very different and that Cubendo "engine" is superior to everything else, I lost respect for any Pro claiming stupid things instead of focusing on making music.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby yr » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:07 am

domandroland wrote:I've been laughed out of the room many times when i say daw bounces don't match the original track with live nebulas or other plug ins.... the last test i did was an old breakbeat brightened and re mastered with three nebula alex b 1073's. Having done a blind a/b test with a friend i could pick the bounce 9 times out of ten.... I seem to remember they nulled completely. I like the sound of Giancarlo's look at the numbers test, i might try it next time i can be bothered, just so i can rub the results in the faces of all the people that say nulls mean it's identical. And yes i am one of those crazy people that thinks logic cubase ableton and reaper all sound different!

If they nulled completely (meaning -144dBFS for 24bit files) then there is no difference. The files are identical. If they nulled to some other figure then there is obviously a difference. It's very difficult to argue about what amplitude can be regarded as a meaningful difference, because it depends on many things.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jazzhobby » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:13 pm

jazzhobby
User Level I
User Level I

Postby dpclarkson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:37 pm

daws are going to be indistinguishable to pretty much anyone's ear.

that, and today's pop songs from different artists. :mrgreen:
dpclarkson

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries