Login

weird bug in AlexB CLC?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: weird bug in AlexB CLC?

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 am

SKJGProject wrote:maybe i'm sooo stupid.....
i just realized that i never authorized nebula again after reinstallation of my system....can this cause the weird behaviour???

Yes, it can. If Nebula was not authorized then commercial libraries won't sound the same. The library that comes with Nebula won't load at all but 3rd party libraries will AND they won't sound properly.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby scooter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:53 am

Mercado_Negro wrote:
SKJGProject wrote:maybe i'm sooo stupid.....
i just realized that i never authorized nebula again after reinstallation of my system....can this cause the weird behaviour???

Yes, it can. If Nebula was not authorized then commercial libraries won't sound the same. The library that comes with Nebula won't load at all but 3rd party libraries will AND they won't sound properly.

HOly smokes!
Please tell me you are joking!!! :shock:
It's such a pain to get the Nebula3.ser file to AcusticaAudio and back, I never registered by Nebula3.ser file. Is this true, because I own a WHOLE TON of 3rd party stuff? Giancarlo or developers, please chime in!! ASAP
Thank you,

PS- Just uploaded my SER file just in case!
-Scott
scooter

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:36 am

Yes it is true. You need to authorize Nebula for it to work properly. Good luck! It will be worth it, I assure you!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:04 am

scooter wrote:HOly smokes!
Please tell me you are joking!!! :shock:
It's such a pain to get the Nebula3.ser file to AcusticaAudio and back, I never registered by Nebula3.ser file. Is this true, because I own a WHOLE TON of 3rd party stuff? Giancarlo or developers, please chime in!! ASAP
Thank you,

PS- Just uploaded my SER file just in case!

Yes scooter, that's true :(

I discovered this myself one day when I needed to do some tweaks in an old project and Nebula wasn't registered because I sent my .SER file that very same day. I knew 3rd party libraries would load because I tried it one day BUT I didn't know they weren't loaded properly. I loaded my project and was like "WTF? This mix sucks" hahaha then I noticed it was just Nebula that didn't load programs correctly. I think it's just part of the protection but man, AA should really make their authorization process much easier for customers. AITB just did it so they can.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby scooter » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:45 am

Wait, I'm still confused. How could AITB authorize something outside of Acustica Audio and make a 3rd Party library load the way it should?

By your definition, AITB libraries wouldn't sound proper if one hadn't authorized the Nebula3.ser file. Correct? So how can AITB do something different than any other 3rd party developer?

Does anyone now what does or doesn't load properly in 3rd party stuff, if the ser file hasn't been auth'd?
-Scott
scooter

Postby richie43 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:16 am

AITB has their own authorization process, separate from Nebula. Many of the 3rd party devs have operated on trust, with no authorization needed. I think that while this trust is a very good feeling thing, the devs are finding their hard work pirated. Such is life, pay for your stuff and jump through a few hoops. But yes, Nebula most certainly needs to be authorized to work properly. AITB's authorization just enables their product to work, but it still won't work if Nebula is not authorized. I will say it again to eliminate any more confusion; Nebula needs to be authorized. Cheers!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:17 am

I didn't know about the reinstal thing either ,are we talking about a complete operating system restore or just nebula?

What about when you upgrade to server , do you need a new ser then?
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:09 am

timp wrote:I didn't know about the reinstal thing either ,are we talking about a complete operating system restore or just nebula?

What about when you upgrade to server , do you need a new ser then?

No, you don't need a new .SER file in that case.
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries