Login

CD Soundmaster T*****t Console..

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CD Soundmaster T*****t Console..

Postby farjedi » Sat May 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I bought this and tried it a little bit and it seems of the same quality of the Globe but without the highfreq boost. Tightens the bottom end up, I guess due to it's natural roll off. So from what I can tell it sounds nice, more neutral than the Globe.
Hmm, it's like console overload at the moment :) I started using different consoles like you would a sidecar mixer, my thinking being that this might create slight sonic differences which might encourage more seperation and 3dness between sounds. I'm starting to think using the same console on everything like a console emulation makes everything too uniform and same sounding, detracting from that seperation. Does any one else conclude this or am I spending too long with headphones on tweaking Nebula (no headphone lectures please, needs must :) )
After all the missing link is the actual analog summing which, from my experience of studios and the folcrum I used to own, does create more seperation between sounds. So perhaps until that can be emulated, (steven slate claims this for his console plugins) in the digital domain perhaps painting the all the sounds with one colour, however nice that colour is, isn't helping in that respect..?
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Re: CD Soundmaster T*****t Console..

Postby prosodio » Sat May 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Hi, the panner from mbc console is a great tool for separation and wide stereo image. Another is the arrangement, you can get a nice wide mix with mbc pro or ccc glob or T*****t, maybe using different input consoles with different tracks helps in that way, but for me the panner is very important as it keeps the image shift intact. Another question is using a L-C-R approach (center, hard left and hard right) like in the old days. Don´t be affraid of hard pan and don´t mess a mix with a lot of stuff between hard pan and center. You will hear every element quite better and will provide a great stereo image.

Greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby farjedi » Sat May 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Yes true, arrangement and care not to overlap frequencies will help in that process, perhaps it is digital's lack of front to back spaciality, or my lack of know how and mix skills. I've got a few panners which I played with on one mix, I guess cos I don't have a 64bit machine loaded up with Ram I've chosen on the DAW panner out of convenience and workflow. I'll definately experiment tho now you've mentioned it.
It just seems that analog recordings seem to have that extra dimension (deeper) and although it's incredible what Nebula can achieve, I'm struggling to achieve the same level of depth, although Nebula is giving me great authentic tones and more sense of depth than pure digital. Is that holoographic sound possible ITB?..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby norburybrook » Sat May 15, 2010 4:00 pm

I wonder why Michael doesn't provide a Panner with his consoles.I definately use ther Alex B panner as it sounds better to me.

MC
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby ericus » Sat May 15, 2010 5:02 pm

prosodio wrote:Hi, the panner from mbc console is a great tool for separation and wide stereo image. Another is the arrangement, you can get a nice wide mix with mbc pro or ccc glob or T*****t, maybe using different input consoles with different tracks helps in that way, but for me the panner is very important as it keeps the image shift intact. Another question is using a L-C-R approach (center, hard left and hard right) like in the old days. Don´t be affraid of hard pan and don´t mess a mix with a lot of stuff between hard pan and center. You will hear every element quite better and will provide a great stereo image.

Greetings

Hi,

I don't want to hijack the thread, this console truly deserves the good comments it did (and will) get. :mrgreen:

Can you explain how you use the panner? Do you use it on all channels? Do you put it on the mixbuss also? And where do you put it: top or bottom insert?

Feel free to open a new thread if necessary. 8-)

Thanks in advance!

Eric
ericus

Postby norburybrook » Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 pm

just stick it in the last FX slot in your DAW and use it like you would your DAW panner.

MC
norburybrook
User Level V
User Level V

Postby prosodio » Sat May 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi, do exactly as norburybrook said, I have to say that I´m doing hybrid approach, I´m mastering with high quality hardware and great converters (mytek 8x192 and passive tube eq gyraf g14 with varimu tube compressor gyraf g10). This way I can get a great sound very close or even as good as using a great analog studio for mixing. Keep in mind that a lot of great records have been mixed with medium consoles whithout a lot of expensive out board gear and mastered in great studios. Now you have a big % of a 550a eq, a M****y eq, vintage N*****n and hiend consoles, tape in each channel everything in the box.... Now, master it with great converters and hiend eq and comp and you are there...

Greetings
prosodio
User Level X
User Level X

Postby farjedi » Sun May 16, 2010 11:38 am

tried the panner on a couple of sounds that weren't cutting thru and its true that it stuck them out more than the DAW panner..nice tip..
Anyway anyone else got this T*****t console?..been using it and I think it's pretty good..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Postby futur2 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:57 pm

farjedi wrote:tried the panner on a couple of sounds that weren't cutting thru and its true that it stuck them out more than the DAW panner..nice tip..
Anyway anyone else got this T*****t console?..been using it and I think it's pretty good..

that doesn't sound too euphoric. i think the globe/sphere console is brilliant but as long as there's no more convincing audio demo of the T*****t than atm i'm not interested.
futur2

Postby farjedi » Sun May 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Don't get me wrong it's of the same quality of the Globe, but it's more neutral, so I guess it's more difficult to get an instant reaction to it, perhaps I'm consoled out, or spoilt with all these great programs being released..but I have been using on sounds that I'm happy with the frequency content and didn't want to alter that so much..I think it tightens up the bass nice as the Globe does and imparts the same analog quality..
I can't wait till MWC pro and MTC pro are out to see how they have improved from the standard versions..
farjedi
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries