Login

CDSoundMaster- New Release!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSoundMaster- New Release!

Postby DavidMeShow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 pm

EQs are really pleasant and really not agressive to the ears. +/- 2,4,6,9,12 of gain.
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby elam » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 am

I was too early... When I checked no demo was available ... Nice move Michael,as usual ;)
Oh! It seems that CDSM website got issues ...
I'll be patient ...

EDIT : The website is back on ...
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:02 am

Hi there,
Thanks!
I know of them via Orphan, but no I found this from a long hunt. The 400-series weren't available at the time I first started looking. They remaining channels only came back into circulation recently.

I discovered the perfect Q8 when researching the Globe. There were/are very, very few Sphere's in the South(U.S.), but I knew I loved the bus and master of that console more than just about anything out there, so in the process of finding a perfect unit, I learned about the connection with Jensen and the Q8 history. I knew about the 'Globe' and Q8 separately, but was amazed at how many important people connections there were. I found a tech that installed the original console and now owns the other one. We put together the original amp card and original xfo. The Orphan strips are a slightly different cosmetic configuration, but as far as I know they have the only other ones that are left in existence.

rhythminmind wrote:Very nice piece of kit. Exciting program.

Did you get yours from Ken directly? I love quadeight & electrodyne gear. Ken is great, one of the best (if not the best) analog techs in SoCal. He has saved our euphonix more then once when things go south. Great guy to talk shop with. Got some great tips on building a set of 1108's. He has some new 500 series stuff coming out as well.

Sorry for the distraction, on with the show.
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 am

To summarize the connection:
It starts with movie sets and film editing.
There were rooms full of patched eqs. amps, etc. One of the original eq people from Western Electric (later Pultec) helped make the first Electrodyne, which is the earliest generation discrete solid state mixer or console. It made life easier to combine impedences and plug all things into one place to sum. It was such a huge thing! During 2-3 splits in the Electrodyne company, one group moved forward as Q8 and another group moved forward as "Globe". Both moves formulated on the actual electronics design, and not a cheap knock-off or fabrication. This includes Deane Jensen, Reichenbach (Ed?), etc.
So, Electrodyne perfected things up to the 700 series, which coincides with some of the Q8 years, but in my opinion the channel and eq sound are the best at the apex of Q8. But, I LOVE the sweetened sound of the channels and main output of the Globe. To me, you end up with one perfect sounding console to use the channel eq and console combo. They both have a very silky high end just from the electronics, but I think the sonics and flexibility of the 444X eq is the best of the entire lineage.
I hope that helps! :-)

elam wrote:The HW sampled historically seems to be the big sister/brother of the Globe...

How Michael or the owners of both program can describe their similarities or main differences ?

I was planning the buy the Globe as my second "go to" console,because of it's character but because of it's versatility too.Being more on the gritty side sonically (like 4000 instead of 9000)I was wondering if those two,Quad8 and "Globe" can be compared as the two S*L mentioned above. Same family but the Q8 being more "vintage colored" due to it's primogeniture.(Wow that's a big word ! I don't even know if that's English :lol: )

Or, are they 2 totally different animals ...
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby elam » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

That helps :)

Thanks for the historical summary too it's clearer for me now.

Congrats for that new release Michael.Soon...
Last edited by elam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby young.baws » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks you soo much for sampling this EQ Michael!
what a Classic EQ! with a lot of functionality..

Gotta get that one ASAP!

Anyone out knows out here how does it compare to the 115 HD?
young.baws
User Level III
User Level III

Postby young.baws » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:53 am

I guess I have to answer this to myself then! :)

Here's some clips processed with CDSoundmaster's ISA 115 and the Q8.

boost @ 2500 hz.

http://www.zshare.net/download/93153841f26d5cd4/
(46 mb, 96khz)

Can't wait to use the full version!
This is an excellent release for sure!
young.baws
User Level III
User Level III

Postby piperboy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:41 am

WOW! This is absolutely stunning. So rich!
Michael... Kudos!
piperboy
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby greekpeet » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:49 am

I have to say I've been messing with this one for a bit and its pretty incredible.
greekpeet
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby vicnestE » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:53 am

Really useful EQ/console. Thank you for the rare release :)
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries