Login

CDSM

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: CDSM

Postby vicnestE » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:05 am

cdsoundmaster wrote:Ok, I am back to work on the web page and manuals, so here is just one of the audio samples of... something :-)
I'm hoping to post in a few hours if all goes according to plan.

http://monumentalaudio.com/BASS1-BEFORE ... -3-4-5.mp3

Notice a completely different kind of drive than TB+, and how the overtones of the actual instrument get bigger with each instance. By the time the actual drive is really audible, it becomes almost engrained in the actual overtones of the musical content. The drive towards the last instances is very forward and sounds shaped like the music and not going against the grain of the music. This is the energy in the higher order harmonics, which I think sounds typical of the even-order harmonics in higher orders. For whatever, this is something I just never hear correctly in plug-ins or harmonic generators, but Nebula sure does deliver. It is hard to get it there, but once it is there- yippeee! :-0

WOW...sound like a low gain bass amp. It's warm.
Wish I could afford so much nebula instances in one song ;)

How much instances will make it like a crunch guitar pre??
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:01 am

It makes a really nice low gain guitar tube stage even with one low setting instance. Depending on how things are set up, there are tons of ways it can be implemented with guitar. Like in Producer's Pack 2, if you can monitor a regular guitar emu live, like Line6 plug-in or Amplitube, so that you actually record guitar dry while monitoring all effects, then you can use the Brian May transistor preamp ahead of your plug-in guitar effects to get a more realistic preamp stage. With Tube Booster, if you wanted to go for the absolute best sounding tube stage on guitar you could do this here as well. Plug guitar direct in, monitor effects live, and record the dry part. Then, add Neb at the first stage of effects and load a low or med tube booster and you will notice typical plug-in emu distortion or overdrive become much more complex and textured. but, on its own for a guitar already recorded, if it is mid-gain guitar, then two 'high' instances with the levels set low should give a really nice rounded buzz. It depends on if the guitar is smooth or choppy, lots of sustain or compression, or 'chomp chomp' :-) If there is a ton of 'shredder' dist already on the track it may not be the best addition, since it will really show what is there in the higher harmonic orders- sometimes it really makes it sound squeezed and awesome but it can also show if the previous distortion is more spitty or sizzly in a bad way.
By the way on that topic, I'm prepping something completely separate just for this question:-) Since guitar, bass, instrument effect and tube devices are a whole unique entity separate from high fidelity tube line amplification, they deserve a separate stage of their own for maximum authenticity! :-) The flexibility that will be available in Neb is going to be just crazy!
vicnestE wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:Ok, I am back to work on the web page and manuals, so here is just one of the audio samples of... something :-)

Notice a completely different kind of drive than TB+, and how the overtones of the actual instrument get bigger with each instance. By the time the actual drive is really audible, it becomes almost engrained in the actual overtones of the musical content. The drive towards the last instances is very forward and sounds shaped like the music and not going against the grain of the music. This is the energy in the higher order harmonics, which I think sounds typical of the even-order harmonics in higher orders. For whatever, this is something I just never hear correctly in plug-ins or harmonic generators, but Nebula sure does deliver. It is hard to get it there, but once it is there- yippeee! :-0

WOW...sound like a low gain bass amp. It's warm.
Wish I could afford so much nebula instances in one song ;)

How much instances will make it like a crunch guitar pre??
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby alexshur1969 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am

Superior library
Thank you very much Michael
alexshur1969
User Level I
User Level I

Postby alexshur1969 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 am

Blessings to you
alexshur1969
User Level I
User Level I

Postby yr » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 am

Excellent demo, the distortion is almost "effortless" (if that makes any sense).

Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am

Tried the tube booster , I really like what its doing .

Try adding one of these before the gmd on vocals.Sounds great!

The tape booster vs tube.I feel that in general that tape works best for anything with fast peaks/transients like drums etc. And tube for bass , vocals,something with less peaks.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby DavidMeShow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:13 pm

timp wrote:The tape booster vs tube.I feel that in general that tape works best for anything with fast peaks/transients like drums etc. And tube for bass , vocals,something with less peaks.

I have the exactly same opinion about that! :)
DavidMeShow
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dpclarkson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:14 pm

The tape booster vs tube.I feel that in general that tape works best for anything with fast peaks/transients like drums etc. And tube for bass , vocals,something with less peaks.

+1!
dpclarkson

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries