Login

STN - Zodiac Console Compressor

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: STN - Zodiac Console Compressor

Postby cps418 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am

cps418 wrote:
nino wrote:It is compressor from digital console N**e Gemini DFC

I know it is from the dfc, but N**e has many compressors and that is what I am asking what comp is in this mixer, or, is it a new type that I do not know. Which still means which one is it?
nino wrote:Digital N**e Gemini has DIGITAL (or software if you prefer) compressor not an analog compressor so I dont see what is confusion about?

duende is digital, (or software if you prefer) and it's compressor is based analog gear. S*L BUS COMPRESSOR
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby rhythminmind » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:20 am

cps418 wrote:I know it is from the dfc, but N**e has many compressors and that is what I am asking what comp is in this mixer, or, is it a new type that I do not know. Which still means which one is it?

It's not an emulation. It's AMS-Neve's current take on what a compressor should be. It's a "DFC Compressor".
Well if you get technical it's an improved compressor coming from the Logic Series. Great sound, countless music mastering, live concert DVD/Blu-ray's, & of course films have been mixed thru this sampled board.
"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense." http://rhythminmind.net - http://signaltonoize.com - http://popsound.com
rhythminmind

Postby cps418 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:17 am

rhythminmind wrote:
cps418 wrote:I know it is from the dfc, but N**e has many compressors and that is what I am asking what comp is in this mixer, or, is it a new type that I do not know. Which still means which one is it?

It's not an emulation. It's AMS-Neve's current take on what a compressor should be. It's a "DFC Compressor".
Well if you get technical it's an improved compressor coming from the Logic Series. Great sound, countless music mastering, live concert DVD/Blu-ray's, & of course films have been mixed thru this sampled board.

I meant no disrespect, to the family. thanks for the info.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby HIFIDELITY » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:49 am

cps418 wrote:
:D :D
I know it is from the dfc, but N**e has many compressors and that is what I am asking what comp is in this mixer, or, is it a new type that I do not know. Which still means which one is it?

So you know its from a N**e Gemini DFC and that is not good enough! But if you knew the number or name of the compressor this would make you mix better with it? Please come on my freind,say thank you for getting it FREE and then work out yourself what its good for :D
HIFIDELITY
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby cps418 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 am

HIFIDELITY wrote:
cps418 wrote:
:D :D

So you know its from a N**e Gemini DFC and that is not good enough! But if you knew the number or name of the compressor this would make you mix better with it? Please come on my freind,say thank you for getting it FREE and then work out yourself what its good for :D
As i stated "I meant no disrespect". If i knew the number or name of the compressor then I could go on youtube or gearslutz and research how to use this compressor properly since it comes with no manual. Mr. FIDELITY, because something is given to you for free does not mean you can not further explore the nature of the item. that is how you learn stuff... Funny, Eric answered my question with no anger in his typing.
cps418
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dpclarkson » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:11 am

Using this comp right now on a recorded
60's Ludwig kit.
Sounds great!
Using the stripe76 as a second comp;
more greatness!
Liking the faster attacks and release.
Easy to use, like hardware, as it supposed to be.
Oh, and thanks for the free gift, very generous!
Can't wait for a full blown 1176.
If Alex will release his 1176, we'll have a stereo-pair
as in the real world.
Who cares if they're not 100% matched?
The subtle differences makes a huge difference
in the stereo image; that's what's most important.
dpclarkson

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 am

Thanks for the Zodiac gift !!!

I'm not familiar with this system, nor available setting ... so ...

Was wondering if a commercial release is planned?
Particularly ... if it had 2:1 & 3:1 ratios available.

Would be very interested! This has a nice [different]
sound.

Thanks
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby faun2500 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am

Thanks Eric! :P
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Barendse » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 am

Great compression program, thanks Eric.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby fuseburn » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:17 pm

Best nebula compressor for me so far in terms of realism ! This is how the Duende is supposed to sound ! Hell yeah !
And your 1176-preview kicks ass, great job, wow.
fuseburn
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries